Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

Awakening ((Open))

3 posters

Go down

Awakening ((Open)) Empty Awakening ((Open))

Post by Raelynn Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:49 pm

It had started with a ball, but not just any ball no, it was her coming out ball. Dressed in a gown of the palest and whitest white, looking all done up like a fairy princess, even though Da said there was not such a thing. He knew a lot but he did not know everything now did he? The ball was a smashing success a crush. Anyone who was anybody was there, and those that were not allowed admittance into the ball were going to be hanger on's for stories of what the ball was like.

The highlight of the night was not that her dance card was full. Nor was it the fact that she was rather obvious to the envy of the other girls whom were having coming outs the same season. It was that he was here. He did not go to Balls or other social gatherings. Mama's wanted the man to be at their sorties just as much as they wanted him to stay away from their young impressionable daughters, unless he was thinking of marriage, for he was the catch of century. It wasn't just the young that were taken in with the man, it was women that ranged in age 12 to age 52. He had a charming way about him yet one look and you could see he was a blackguard as well. Men wanted to be him, women wanted to be with him, and here he was at her coming out ball. Oh she knew he was on the guest list, but she had not held her breath that he would show up.

Now not only was he here but he was coming her way, it was enough to make a lesser girl swoon, the way his deep blue gaze stayed upon his prey. She acted as if she did not know he was coming towards her, but she felt him, deep in her bones that he was coming. The room seemed to hush with each step he made towards her, part of her thought she should run, but he was here at her ball and wouldn't that be rather childish and rude? Besides she had never seen a man that looked like he. He was as dark as his brother was fair. With baited breath she waited until he was before her, he bowed at the waist, before a devilishly charming smile formed over his lips. "Miss Raelynn." Her name seemed to slip from his lips like pure honey, the way he said it had goose pimples dancing about her flesh. A small incline of her head, her throat suddenly felt dry, but it was not because she was in need of a drink. Blinking she looked back to him, his name coming on a soft breath. "My Lord Strathford. How do you do?" She was proud that not a quiver of apprehension showed in her voice. She must of said something to amuse him, for that smile he had before had been only polite, and now it was lighting up in a most disconcerting way. "My dear, I would be doing quite a bit better if you were to honor me with a dance." If it had not been for the audible gasps that shot around the ballroom, she might of thought she had misunderstood his words. He wanted to dance with her? Raelynn lowered her head a fraction to let her eyes roam down at the floor a moment. Slowly she would look up at him, without lifting her head, but with the safety of lowered lashes. "T'would be my pleasure." The look he had upon his face said that she did not know about pleasure but he would be glad to teach her. His hand came out, for her to put her own in, and just as she was lifting her hand there was movement. Suddenly her mama was right beside her, studying Lord Strathford, sizing him up. She did not want to offend the man but this was her precious daughter she only had one and she couldn't let her waste her time on a man that only wished a dalliance. Clearing her throat Raelynns mother looked to the man. "M'Lord?" Her brow lifted. Lord Strathford's hand that was out for Raelynn stayed its place. His other hand lifted as if to give a helpless gesture as he spoke. "She has nothing to fear from me." The words were spoken and her mother relented and Raelynn rejoiced inside her head. Her hand was small in his large hand, the warmth of him penetrating into her cool skin just from the simple contact, it seemed to touch her all the way to her heart.

Two steps was all that it had taken for her to fall utterly head over heels in love with Lord Strathford. Two little steps. He had not touched her in an inappropriate way, in fact he was being quite the gentleman, so it came to a surprise when his brother, stepped in the way blocking the path to the dance floor. She heard her own startled gasp and was not surprised that it was not the lone sound, for there were gasps from all over the ballroom. Lord Strathfords brother was dressed in full armor, shinning in the light, with the play of candles and light bulbs alike shining off of it. The words that would be spoken were unheard because it was in that instant that the bright lights got to her.

What Raelynn did not know was she fainted dead away, right there, in the middle of her coming out party. She did not know that both brothers were interested in the young girl, nor that it was the first time that either brother had shown real interest in a young woman that was marriage material and not a just a roll in the hay. None of this would be known to her. When she had slumped to the floor both men were kneeling next to her, both men looked rather helpless which was rare indeed and Raelynns mother was running about trying to get air for her daughter.

Raelynn on the other hand was sleeping peacefully, peacefully enough until she heard the sound of water moving about. Water, she had no moving water in her rooms, a gentle shake of her head as she lifted it from the pillow her arms had made. It was when she was coming too she gave her head another shake and her eyes were opened and closed most rapidly. When what she saw still did not give any clue of what was going on, she lifted her hands and curling them to small fists she rubbed at her eyes. That did not change the view she saw either, oh dear, where was she? Looking down at herself she saw she was still in the white gown that had made her feel like a fairy princess. Well that was a relief wasn't it? That last night wasn't just a dream..oh dear last night...what happened? Frantically she looked around the room, was that a pond of sorts near where she had been sleeping, thankfully she had not rolled herself into it. Sitting up she looked around the room she was in dejectedly wondering what she was to do next. Afraid to go and explore the area she would call out. " Hello, is any one out there?" She knew she was suppose to use the inside voice but her inside voice wouldn't of traveled anywhere so she used the voice that was reserved for the rare occasions that she was outside playing a game of tag.
Raelynn
Raelynn

Back to top Go down

Awakening ((Open)) Empty Re: Awakening ((Open))

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:44 am

Madeline had been feeding the fish, and taking a break from her duties around Wolf's Head. when she heard someone call. Scattering the food to the Koi, Madeline smiled and answered. "I'am."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelynn Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:04 pm

At the sound of a voice answering her, her head swiveled to look around, the movement made her dizzy for a moment. Flutter of lashes as she tried to focus her hazel depths upon the one that spoke. Pushing herself up from where she was seated and before laying in slumber, she stood on slightly wobbly feet. It was when she stood up that she would realize one of her shoe’s was missing. Bending carefully as she lifted her foot that had the shoe still upon it, slipping the shoe off and into her hand, heel pointed outward. As steps were taken, the soft sound of a crinkle could be heard from the softly glittering tights, which started to itch without the protection of her shoes softening the gentle blows from the hard floor.

Words would not be spoken again until she was in view of the woman that had spoken. Taking in what the woman was wearing, and her manner of speech, had her thinking she wasn’t in England any more. Things were getting bizarre and bizarrer. When she spoke the words were pronounced with a proper English Accent, one that was found in the upper crust, at least in her time it was such. “ Hello.” A pregnant pause. “Might I ask where we are?” In her mind she knew she needed to mind her P’s and Q’s but it was rather hard in such a state. Fingers that were holding the shoe, flexed as she spoke.

One could only hope wherever she awoke was a friendly place. She wasn’t at her home for she knew of all the rooms, and this was for sure not one of those, nor was the woman familiar to her. At home she knew all of the houseguests, the people that worked in and around the home, and all of the neighbors. Glancing between the woman and the odd water holder behind her. It did not look like a fountain to her, more of a clean pond, with fish? Fish inside?
Raelynn
Raelynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:13 pm

Gawain was, as he had more and more frequently been doing, headed for the koi pond. It was a soothing place, one that helped him think. The surprise was evident on his face when he saw that not only was Madeline here, so was....wait, who was that? Cute kid, but he didn't know her from Adam's house-cat. So, he stepped forward slowly, smiling slightly, and placed a hand on Maddie's back to let her know he was there. "Hey, kid. Who's your friend?"
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Madeline smiled politely. "You are at Wolf's Head Inn. On the outskirts of the town of New Haven. Why my dear? Are you lost?"

I was then when she felt and heard Gawain behind her. "Hi Dad." Madeline would of said more, but right now she was concerned with helping the irl that stood before them.

Maddie returned her attention back to the girl. "My name is Maddie, and this is my father Gawain. Whats yours"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelynn Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Concentrated as she was on not flipping her lid about being in a unknown place, or the fact that her mother was going to be flipping hers, or about whatever happened with the Strathford brothers, she had not heard the other come upon them. This was all to much at one time, and she probably had that dazed and disoriented look upon her features, she was not so practiced into schooling such things, yet. Mama said that in time it would come, so one could paste upon a pleasant enough smile when they needed to. That whole conversation had gone over Raelynn’s head for why would one need to pretend to smile when they did not wish too? Surely someone could tell the difference. Ahem the matter at hand, at the next voice she jumped, just a fraction yet visible enough if one had been glancing at her.

New Haven outskirts?” Oh drats! She had no clue how she got to New Haven, she had never even heard of New Haven. “Fiddle sticks…is New Haven anywhere close to Essex?” She was not one that traveled alone, she always had her parents and at least a servant or two. One only had to look at the gown she was wearing to know she did not put herself into it. The silk was the palest whitest material, the top of the gown looked like a corset that was laced up the back, carefully with a silk thread that had a glitter string wrapped around it. The skirts of the gown fluffed out but not to overly fluffy more of a just right fluffiness. Of course, the shoes were not on her feet as one was missing and the other, was still held in her hand, with absent thought the heel of the shoe was pointed at the man, whom had spooked her.

Breeding would kick in, as she would give a small duck, knees bending slightly as her head lowered and came back up. “It is nice to meet you Miss Maddie and Mr. Gawain.” She would pause just a moment, the accent was still laced in every word, kind of hard not to have one when one spoke the same way all of their life. “I am Raelynn Woodiwiss.” She wrinkled her nose. Mama would be horrified after last night she was not allowed to introduce herself in such a fashion anymore. She hurried up to correct her mistake. “Miss Woodiwiss.” She much preferred Raelynn, but that was suppose to quit now that she had left the school room and was on the hunt for a husband.

The Wolf Heads Inn, perhaps this was some sort of trick the Strathford brothers were playing on her? First they both show up to her ball, which was most unheard of, they both made overtures towards her, and then she simply couldn’t remember anything else until she woke up here. Or maybe this was all a dream, dreams had a way of feeling rather real, sometimes. For the man the lady called dad was rather cute for being a father.
Raelynn
Raelynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Gawain, sensing her breeding and smelling her confusion, bowed and offered a kind smile. "It is my honor to meet you, Miss Woodiwiss. This is the Wolf Head Inn, situated roughly forty leagues from Rhydin proper. Essex, you say...shall I hazard a guess that you are from England? It is not a surprise that you find yourself here...come, child, sit, and I'll explain everything." He motioned to the seats situated along the wall, each one rather comfortably upholstered, and tried to convey both trust and calmness.

After all, he may be an animal, but he didn't have to act like one. Besides, he wasn't human either, so why act like she was an oddity? He knew now, after long years, that there was no such thing as normal. Anything normal would be...well, odd.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:20 am

Madeline smiled warmly at her father being all caring and stuff. It's not that he wasn't like that all the time, but it just seemed that since he's been back at the Tavern, he's been more of his happy fun loving self.

Turning her attention back to Miss Woodiwiss, Madeline gave a small curtsy. Pleasure to meet you Miss Woodiwissi. "Would you care for a drink, or perhaps something to eat, while my dad here explains?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelynn Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:47 pm

The man and the woman seemed nice enough, and though she had been told not to talk to strangers, she already had done such. Besides it was not so improper for the woman introduced herself first, and she had made the acquaintance of her father through her, all proper like. Surely mother nor none of the other ladies of the ton could expect her to not speak at all, would that not be more rude? It was not as if her reputation was at stake, and even if it was, she had a feeling she was not near Essex nor a good chance that she wasn’t in England but she knew not to think about that to much, for fear of fainting. Not that it was an option, she was not often so easily taken of her wits, not that she would be boasting it, not when she recalled what had happened before awakening near the indoor water holder with fish swimming around inside.

Hesitantly steps were taken towards the man, Gawain, and where he indicated that they could have a seat. Her stocking clad feet moving most quietly over the flooring, and she felt a bit of a blush when she noticed just how her shoe was still pointed at the man, much like a weapon. Though the shoe would not of done much damage had these people not been of the friendly sort it was all that she had had at the moment. Slowly her shoe would be lowered, for her attention had been diverted to the shoe just a moment, when she had started to walk across the floor. The hand that was not carrying her shoe, went down to grasp a bit of her skirts, as to keep the hem of her skirts from getting dirty. Never mind that she had just been laying upon the flooring.

Pausing at Miss Maddie’s words, unaware of what they had here, and even where here was, though it seemed that the girls father was going to help her out with that, she thought to play it safe. "Punch? Please.” Surely everywhere had punch right? It sounded like a safe guess, she thought about warm milk but she was unsure how it would settle in her stomach, especially if she was going to be learning something. Her words to the girl were punctuated with a shy yet warm smile.

Then she continued on her path to the place to sit that Gawain had indicated. A flutter of lashes. “Rhy’Din?” That did come out as a question for she had never heard of it, and it was very obvious before she gave a small nod of her head. “Never been off of English soil.” A fretful look moved across her delicate features. “I hazard I am no longer on the soil of England?” Even as she spoke sank down, gracefully, as one with only breeding such as hers could accomplish with out thought.

If Mr. Gawain had acted like she was an oddity it might have had her not at all lulled into a feeling of safeness. Which she was easily lulled into for she did not have the polish that she would have grown to have after the full season. Instead Mr. Gawain and Ms. Maddie were faced with a very unpolished young woman, whom had a hard time keeping emotions from flitting across her features. Perhaps one of the main reasons she felt so comfortable all of a sudden was that Mr. Gawain was rather nice to gaze upon.
Raelynn
Raelynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Gawain sighed...this would be a long explanation. "No, my dear, I am afraid you no longer travel the soil of England. It comes as no surprise, though...well, to me, anyway. See, the land of England, formerly known as Brittania, is steeped in old magicks. The fae folk are not gone from those lands, and they do so love to play tricks on humans. You may have done nothing more than stumble into a faerie circle...it's usually a ring of mushrooms or something of the like..and upon stepping foot there, they may have felt it good fun to transport you here.

"Trust me when I say that no harm will befall you here. I won't allow it. This place is warded against all sorts....call it my insurance policy that no one undesirable wanders in with the intent to cause harm to any of my people. You may rest assured that you are quite safe here, my dear."

Clearing his throat, he rose. "Now then, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask. All appearances to the contrary, I'm a quite decent person, and I'm willing to put you up for as long as you wish, free of charge. I remember well what it is like being a stranger in a strange land. Madeline will give you a room.....Mads, make sure it is a good room, one befitting one of her station. Anyway, you're welcome here, and again, no harm will befall you. I give you my word, and I am only as good as my word, which is my bond." He smiled, hoping to convey his honesty and noble intentions.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Madeline nodded at her father and he lady as she made her way to get the lady her punch and to look at the ledger.

At the front desk, Madeline decided to put Lady Woodwiss in room 302. Grabbing the key to the room, she the opened a gateway to the tavern to get the punch. It took her a few minutes on the punch because she had t make it fresh.

Maddie made her way back to the koi pond, and handed her glass of fresh punch. "Hope you like it Miss Woodwiss." Maddie then handed her father the key. "She'll be in room 302. I was thinking that you could show her to her room."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelynn Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:39 pm

When the man said she was no longer in England she frowned. Her head gave a gentle shake, not because of the man, but because of the fact that this could end up rather complicated. She didn’t know what had happened for the last thing she remembered was the ball and the men, and oh drats, that could of turned out rather interesting. She frowned thoughtfully, when he paused she spoke up. “Do they play tricks later on? The last thing I remember I was at my coming out ball.” She sounded rather broken up that she missed how that night ended. Or if it even ended…perhaps this was a dream.

He would not allow any harm to befall on her. Did that mean he was taking her under his protection? There was a look about her, the curious sort, yet she knew it was not good manners to express all of those questions. Biting her lower lip a moment before not being able to hold in the one question. “So your taking me under your protection?” Now, one must remember where she came from, and those things, being under a man’s protection only came from a few reasons. One of those reasons was he was your father or brother, when the father was unable to be the man. The other reason was because a man had a interest in the female weather honorable or not, if you catch the drift.

When he stood up, she hesitated a moment, because she was not used to men just standing unless they were planning on walking. So she moved up quickly after him, perhaps she stood up to fast though, for she stumbled just a bit, but quickly righted herself. Not looking to him or Maddie if she was in the room at that time, until she was secure in her bearings once more. All appearances? “You look rather pleasant to me.” He was rather pleasant looking, not that she really should trust such judgments, but she was young still. He wasn't like the brothers whom were night and day but he seemed to fit somewhere in between. When he said he would put her for as long as needed and free of charge she smiled, a shy yet warm smile all in one. “Thank you! I don’t know how I will ever repay you.” She was attempting to have some level of normalcy when she was feeling anything but.

When Maddie brought the punch to her, she was aware of her being back, and her hand came out to clasp the cup carefully. She would give Maddie a grateful smile. “Thank you, I was feeling quite parched.” Even as she spoke, and listened to Maddie she lifted the glass to her lips and took a nice swallow of the punch. She was sipping from the cup and watching the interaction between father and daughter.
Raelynn
Raelynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down