Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

Breakfast of champions . . . ((Open to one and all.))

+2
Madeline Cauthon
Devon Marvin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Breakfast of champions . . . ((Open to one and all.)) Empty Breakfast of champions . . . ((Open to one and all.))

Post by Devon Marvin Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:08 am

Devon made his way down to the bar from his room. Freshly showered and shaved he felt confident in his cleanliness. He entered the bar and took a look around. He wondered if anyone else was up at this hour. This hour being eight in the morning.

He had brought with him the glass from which he had drank his nightcap. No need to leave it in the room to cause a smell. Not that he didn't think that the room wouldn't be cleaned or anything. But even after having been in the room for a night, he had already picked up the scent of the alcohol in the air. So it was brought down so it could be washed.

Now to just wait and see if anyone was up and about.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Breakfast of champions . . . ((Open to one and all.)) Empty Re: Breakfast of champions . . . ((Open to one and all.))

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Madeline woke to the awful sounds of birds chirping at seven AM. She rolled over to see the sun piercing through her window. Getting up she stretched and made her way to the shower.

After getting dressed in a pair of stone washed jeans , a white tank top, and one of Connor's flannels tied around her waist, she made her way to the stables to feed the horses and takes Swifty for a quick run.

With that done, she made her way to the tavern part if the inn. Glancing at the clock it was five after eight. She walked into the dinning area of the tavern and noticed Mr. Marvin sitting. Smiling she made her way behind the bar and pressed the on button on the premade coffee pot. "Good morning Mr. Marvin, what can i get you this morning?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Breakfast of champions . . . ((Open to one and all.)) Empty Re: Breakfast of champions . . . ((Open to one and all.))

Post by Devon Marvin Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:33 am

Devon looked up from his phone. He had been reading the daily news upon it. The Internet was a wonderful thing, as were smart phones. He smiled at Madeline when she spoke to him. "Good morning to you as well Madeline. How are you this morning? And please, call me Devon." He waited for her answer before he continued.

Once she had spoken he would have another question or two for her. "Is there a breakfast menu or do I shoot from the hip and guess at it?" He winked at her and gave her that comfortably charming smile he was so infamous for as he waited again for her to respond.

Once that question was answered he only had one more. "Will you be joining me for breakfast this morning?" His smile remained as he was once again awaiting a response from her."Oh, and I would like to start with some of that fresh coffee if I could please." Said almost as an after thought as the scent of the brew had began to fill the room.

So what was he hungry for this morning?

Last edited by Devon Marvin on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:54 pm

"Doing well Mr. Mar..I mean Devon." Madeline heard the coffee pot stop brewing, and stat out sugar, creamer and two cups on the bar. Madeline fixed hers as usual lots of creamer, little bit of sugar, and a tiny bit of coffee.

"For breakfast we have most anything you could ask for, just name it Dont see the point in menus when we have pretty much anything you could ask for. And yes I would be glad to join you for breakfast."

"Now, how do you like your coffee.?
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:24 am

Devon arched his eyebrows and nodded his head as the corners of his lips turned slightly down. This was not a frown though, it was more of a look of 'Ah, I see.' He arched a single eyebrow after that and drew in his bottom lip. "For coffee, I prefer just a hint of cream if you don't mind." He winked at her and smiled.

If anything was available for breakfast, than those thoughtful looks had merit, because he had so many thoughts on what he could have, and just couldn't decide on what it was he truly wanted. He went with the thought that wouldn't have Madeline in the kitchen for hours. "And I think that for breakfast, I would like an omelet, with ham, mushrooms, and cheese. Perhaps some hash-browns and toast with that? With butter on the toast." Was there any other way to eat toast?

He smiled at her and waited to see how she would respond to his requests.

Last edited by Devon Marvin on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That would be substitute ... All hail the Queen of Typo's! LOL)
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Madeline made his coffee the way he said he wanted it, listening to him talk about what he wanted for breakfast. Madeline always had a knack for memorizing stuff like food orders in her head, which was part of the reason her dad had her helping out in the tavern when she was younger..Well that and he could semi keep an eye on her.

Madeline handed Devon hos coffee, and set the pot on the warmer stand on the bar and placed the cream along with thin wooden stirs on the bar top."I'll get your breakfast out the moment it's done."

Madeline went into the kitchen and fixed Devon's breakfast. She was grateful he hadnt asked for bacon. For some reason the smell of fresh cooked bacon in the morning seemed to be an alarm clock for the men in her family. And although she loved them dearly, she was enjoying her morning time.

Fifteen minutes later, Madeline came out with a plate that had a delicious omelet, with ham, mushrooms, and cheese. A good helping of hash browns, and toast with butter. Chef Ramsey himself would be amazed at the taste and the plating. For herslef she had toasted a blueberry bagel and covered it with cream cheese. She carefully sat Devon's plate in front of him along with some silverware and a glass of water. Taking her own plate she sat across from him smiling warmly. "So Devon, what brings you to our neck of the woods, business or pleasure?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:09 am

Devon could not help the smile that crossed his lips as he took the coffee mug with both hands and brought it to his nose. "Mmmm." The sound that was emitted from his throat as he inhaled the wonderful scent of the coffee. Then he took a sip. As he brought the mug back down to the bar top he smiled yet again. "Perfect. Thank you very much. Life is not worth living before that first sip of your morning coffee." A joke of course.

He smiled again when she said she would have his breakfast out as soon as it was ready. "That would be wonderful, thank you." He picked up his coffee with just the handle of the mug this time and took a slightly larger swallow. He waited until she had gone into the kitchen before he picked up his phone and returned to his morning news.

When she returned fifteen minutes later, he had refilled his coffee mug and had finished reading his news. Having just finished the latter, he placed his phone back on the top of the bar and set his mug down. He let her lay out everything she was going to before he interrupted her."This looks great, thank you Madeline." And, after he added a dash of salt to the omelet and the hash-browns, he took a bite. "And it tastes as great as it looks." He smiled at her before taking another bite, this time placing a bit of the omelet, and some of the hash-browns on the toast and taking a bite of the three together.

He glanced her breakfast and smiled again. He thought to himself that it was just like a woman to eat so petitely in front of a man. But he did not voice that thought. Something told him that this particular female could cause injury were she to smack a man for being a smart ass. Then he was saved from his thought with a question.

He took a minute to clear his mouth, and wash out his mouth with some of the water she had provided before he spoke. "Business mostly. But then again, I find my business rather pleasurable. So it works good either way." He took another bite of food, again with all three tastes blended together. It was simply his way of eating that particular dish.

Would she ask the inevitable next, and if yes, how to answer it?

Last edited by Devon Marvin on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The idiot supstitute poster formatted wrong. LOL)
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:36 am

Madeline was glad he was enjoying his coffee and breakfast. "Yeah I'm not usually fun to be around til at least a cup or two."

This being said, she fixed herself her third cup. The second she had fixed in the kitchen while she cooked.

She always did love seeing a man enjoy his food. And yes she always did eat light in the mornings. Breakfast, after all wasn't her favorite meal, dinner was.

Madeline couldn't help but smirk slightly as her mind drifted kind of south. at the pleasurable business answer. "Pleasurable business huh? What is it exactly that you do Devon?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:26 pm

After a long night of drinking Kyra had finally passed out. She woke up at some point with a splitting headache and wondered just what all happened because she didn't quite remember it all clearly. Making her way to the bathroom she did her business and grabbed a shower trying to help her head. After about 30 minutes she got out and began getting ready for the day. Her clothes for the day was a green sun-dress with sandals and her toes painted matching the color of the dress. She dried and pulled her hair up twist and put on a little bit of make up. Once she was sure she looked presentable she made her way down and as she got closer she smelled food and coffee. Entering the the bar she saw a man she recognized from the dinner everyone had together and she saw Maddie too. Going up and sitting a couple seats away she smiles and greeted them.

"Morning."

She didn't want to interrupt their conversation and sat there quietly willing her head to stop screaming at her.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:35 am

Devon had seen this coming. He knew she would ask the obvious. So he chose to go with his standard response. "I am a corporate problem solver. Corporations come to me with their problems, and I deal with them." Of course, he left out the part that the problems were usually beings that were of a less than human, or should he say more than human, nature. And his way of solving them is to rid the world of them.

And of course, it was a problem that he needed to solve that had brought him to this area of Rhy'Din. He could have sent one of his flunkies, but they lacked his skill and training. Both of which would be an asset on this particular hunt as the prey is rather powerful and cunning. Or at least he was before his curse. No one knows if his powers remained after his curse or not. But either way, Devon was hired to deal with the issue, and he would do such.

Then enter the young lady from the dinner gathering his first night here. He smiled at the woman and nodded his head. "Good morning. You may join us if you like, I promise not to bite ... Hard anyway." He grinned at her and even chuckled a bit as he winked. He was trying to be playful and tease with the young woman who looked as though she had tied one on the night before.

He took a moment to glance at his coffee mug, it needed refilling. He looked to see if Madeline needed a refill as well while rising to get himself another. "Anyone else need coffee while I'm up?" He moved to the coffee pot like he owned the place. No one had told him he was not allowed to refill his own coffee, so he would do so rather than disturb Madeline's breakfast.

Now, did she give a name that night?
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:46 pm

The door thudded open, admitting a rather hung-over Gawain. "Oh, my stars and garters, please. Gimme the hard trucker-type coffee. Stuff that if ya ain't half-drunk, it makes ya TOO sober." Yeah, that was coherent. "Maddie, sweetheart, remind me to NEVER drink that much again, please." Wave, nod, pained smile. "Whassup?" He didn't even think about what he was doing, he just sat down in an empty spot.....

....and a chair materialized beneath him. Subconscious side-bumpers for a hung-over channeler, it would seem. Gateway opens, chair comes out.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Madeline listened rather intently to what Devon was saying. "Huh. Sounds like...fun. Well, good luck on that." Madeline wasn't going to ask anymore questions at this time. To her knowledge, there weren't any a whole lot of "big" corporations around. Still Rhydin was a big place so who knew. Still something in the back of her mind told her to be leery of Mr. Marvin.

It was then she saw Kyra walk in, looking beautiful as always, and a tad bit hungover. Madeline couldn't help but smile thinking of the good time they had drinking the night before. Madeline got up from her seat and walked over behind Kyra. Placing both of her hand on both of Kyra's temples, she started gently massaging them., at the same time using her heal;ing abilities to cure the hangover. "Devon if you would, would fix Kyra a cup of coffee?

"Can't have you showing up at work all hungover, Dre might be there and blame me!," Madeline chuckled.

It was then she heard the door open and heard her father. "Yeah Dad, I'll get it." Watching his actions, Madeline took her right hand and sat it upon the chair next to her. With a small shove down, she pushed through a gateway she had opened under it, and had it appear through another gateway just slightly behind him. That way he wouldn't land on his furry hide.

After she finished with Kyra, she made started walking to the kitchen.. She came back out with Gawain's personal coffee cup, filled with the coffee she had made herself earlier for her own hangover. She sat the cup in front of her father, and preceded to heal Gawain the same as she had Kyra. "So you two hungry?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:38 am

Gawain winced, his backside striking a seat instead of the floor. After winking at Madeline...she had always had a special talent with gateways....he took the coffee and gulped. He was, it seemed, so numb from the sheer amount of alcohol he had tried to guzzle down, he didn't notice the heat. "Huh." Something about heat, and his little Hello Kitty sister had said the night before, during the gallons and gallons of foamy, foamy beer.....oh, right, the coffee. ~Mads. Don't make a deal or anything, it's just me. I'm having a hard time remembering something. You remember me getting burned at any point during the last ten or so years?~

As he "spoke" to his daughter, he looked around the room over the rim of his coffee cup. His eyes fell on Devon once again, his mind snapping back to the conversation he and Madeline were having before he walked into the room. "Corporate problem solver, huh? So, you're like the gun? They point you, pull the trigger, and you wipe their problems out?" He was grinning now, quite obviously giving the guy a ribbing about his job. "Me? First desk job I had...as I recall, it drove me crazier than a full moon. Guh......clip-on ties are so, so ghastly." Ties, in general, it was Gawain's notion, had been invented by the same person that tied the first successful gallows's knot.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Seems she had dosed off a little or so it seemed as they were having a good conversation and she couldn't remember if she answered anyone. Sitting up she looked around seeing Gawain sitting in a chair and wondered when he came in but she shook it off trying to get her bearings. She did have a vague sense someone offered to let her join them and asked about coffee. Luckily for her Maddie had asked Devon to get her some. Then there was the little matter of food as if it were on cue her belly started growling at her and she looked to Maddie with a nod.

"Yes yes, coffee is the answer and I think my belly says yes to the food. I can go make it if i you want me too. And as far as Dre he is a big ole teddy bear...wouldn't blame you at all. However, he may blame him."

She grinned and pointed to Gawain. Couldn't help but laugh recalling some story telling that had gone on during there drinking session.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:09 am

((Nice one G-mun. Way to work the reference in there. I thought it was great. LMAO, no, really. :-) ))

Devon smiled at the request from Madeline. "Sure, not a problem." He grabbed up a clean coffee mug from where he had seen Madeline get the ones they were drinking from. Then he poured a steaming cup of fresh brewed for Kyra. That was what Madeline called her, right? She might have even said her name that night she joined them for dinner. He didn't remember if he ever got her scanned or not either. Wow, either his brain was on pause this morning, or he was slipping.

He took the coffee over to where she was sitting and set it down in front of her. "Creme or sugar?" He did remember asking her if she had a boyfriend that night. So maybe his brain just hadn't fully woken up yet?

While he was waiting to hear an answer of creme or sugar from Kyra, Gawain came in, looking pretty hung over himself. But he was a lycan. That had to be some serious drinking to get him hung over like that. "Good morning Gawain." Said in a normal tone of voice, his ears shouldn't have had a problem picking it up. And he surely didn't want to yell with so many hangovers in the room.

However Kyra had whispered to him that she wanted her coffee was what Devon did to it. And as he walked away from her and over to pick his own mug back up, Gawain asked him a question. No problem with his hearing this morning as the conversation he was questioning had taken place before he had entered.

The question made Devon chuckle. "Yes, you could say that. And luckily, I almost never miss my target." He smiled and returned to his breakfast. "I don't mind the ties so much, but by the end of the day, they are always off. And they're never too tight. It does kind of feel like a noose sometimes." He took another one of those combination bites of his food and washed it down with some more coffee.

Meals at this place were great.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:16 am

The mental message her father sent her made her think a moment. ~Not that I can think of off hand Dad..Oh wait, there was a time back in the Society at the old forge where your dumb..where you tried to catch a red hot sword with your bare hands that had fallen from the fire it was in. Outside of that I can't think of any. Why?~

Madeline had been listening to Kyra and Devon as well as her father the whole time. "I got it Kyra, no problem." She figured both Kyra and her father had the munchies.

So she made her way to the kitchen, and made her father's favorite. Bacon, fried eggs and rice, and a big plate of biscuits. Soon everyone in the inn would be able to smell bacon frying. She made enough for Kyra, Gawain and anyone else who wanted it.

Maddie made plates for Kyra and Gawain and took them out. She served Kyra first then her father. While still standing behind her father's chair she looked at Devon with curious twinkle in her eye and a semi flirtatious smile to boot.. "So Devon, who's the target or your victim I should say. Sorry if it's too personal, I just find the word target an interesting choice of words."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Kyra was feeling better and smiled as Devon brought her the coffee.

"Thanks...creme and sugar please...appreciate it. Although I do tend to put more creme and sugar than coffee. My dad says I like a little coffee with my creme and sugar."

She was rambling for no apparent reason at all and yes he had found out her name that night and he did ask her about a boyfriend which she carefully chose not to answer. It was rather complicated so to speak. Her eyes lit up as Maddie brought her a plate.

"Thanks Maddie...feel like I haven't eaten in days."

She started eating when Maddie asked about the victim or target and it made her curious too.

"Ohhh sounds like someone is plotting."

She grins and goes back to eating her breakfast listening to the conversation at hand.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Devon couldn't help but chuckle at the ladies. "Well, I say target because of Gawain's analogy." Addressing the entire room. "I'm not sure exactly who or what I am supposed to be taking care of this time." He took another swallow of coffee. He didn't think he would be getting another cup.

He was done eating as well so he stacked his dishes together and began wiping down the counter where he sat with his napkin as he continued. "My client isn't even a corporation this time. But after hearing his request, I had to take his case, and handle it myself. I trust the others in my firm, but not as much as I trust myself. I'm giving this case top priority." Napkin and crumbs were put in the plate so it all could go to the kitchen.

He turned so that he could face the room a little better. He had already scanned those here, there was no reason he couldn't continue and tell them what he knew. "All I have to go on is that my client refers to the . . . Target." He chuckled at the use of the word again. "A clown. He calls it Master and doesn't know a name. He said that Master was a clown and that the clown had his daughter. So I'm kinda shooting from the hip here. I'm not sure if he meant clown literally or figuratively." He turned so he could pick up his phone off the counter.

Flipping open his phone he read a text that only took him seconds to call up. "He, the client, also says that the clown is 'looking for the pretty lady with strong magiks'. Apparently she's the only one who can help it and if she refuses it will kill her. Or try to anyway. The client doesn't think it can kill her.." It being the clown of course.

He closed his phone back up and set it back on the counter. Sitting, like he was, was not a good way to keep the phone fastened to his belt. "I think the client just wants his daughter back. He's been saving up money for years to be able to afford help, evidently. I usually charge more for my services, but I took pity on the guy and gave him a discount so he didn't go broke hiring me." The use of the word guy was a relative term as it was a male client, but not a human one.

He took a minute to look at Madeline with a lingering glance, he remembered the day that she slipped into his room to give him his luggage and hadn't used the door. Then he spared another lingering look at Kyra. He had scanned her, he knew things. "The worst part is, I don't even know who the female is. So I can't find her and warn her, or find her to use her to get my hands on it." It had just occurred to him that it could be one of the females within this Inn, one of the two in this very room even. This was just another reason he was handling this case himself. He was better at solving puzzles than the others who worked at his firm.

Now they knew everything he did, what would they do with the knowledge?
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:50 pm

H-uh. This guy said all of this staring at a point behind Gawain, a point which Madeline currently occupied. Daughters? One of the girls was his own, and the other might as well be, considering how much he thought of Dre. Keeping his calm......sort of....he chuckled. It wasn't a mirthful sound, more of a mocking one. "Well, Mister Gun, you probably won't be finding much in the way of someone's daughter here. Well, except for mine and Dreconis'. Either way, they're family, and I don't like your chances of leaving here with all your parts still attached if you should try." Was he kidding?

Please.

"Listen, all joking aside, I would like to know what you're after. Short, straight, and to the point. None of the lawyer-speak, shoot straight with me and I'll shoot straight with you. Now then.....I'm G-A-to the damn W-A-I-N. Gawain. All the info you more than likely have on me is true...and then some. Just think of me as the guy in the Final Fantasy game. I've fought, and beat the hell out of, everything that's eyed me funny. When something pops up, it's sort of like the final boss' second form. I say 'Aw, shit, again?!' and kick it's ass. Then I have a beer and wait for the sequel. So, Devon, the question is this." He finished his coffee and stood up. "This client of yours.....is there any chance he wants to hear the orchestral version of One-Winged Angel?" He pushed his left fist into his right hand, making a sound not unlike a paving machine on gravel.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Madeline listened to Devon's tale as to why he was here. She immediately gave Kyra a very brief concerned look. She hoped the daughter in question wasn't who her mind first jumped to.

Madeline also caught the look Devon had given her. Madeline placed her hand on her father's shoulder as he spoke. "There are plenty in the realm that know magics, including myself. Do you have any information on the daughter? Age, weight, height, credit history, anything like that? Perhaps I could help."

If there is one thing her father had taught her it was keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Not that Devon was a foe, as far as she knew he could be Santa Claus. That didn't make him a friend either. So yeah if he needed her help, she would offer her services. whether it was to help hiim or to protect a loved one.

When Gawain started to stand up, she gently pushed him down with one hand. "Relax Dad, I got this. Want some more coffee?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:51 pm

Kyra was eating and listening until he got to the part about a daughter and she stopped in mid bite. She put the fork down and turned listening to what Gawain was saying and Maddie. Looking at Devon to wait for an answer as to the particulars of the daughter. For all she knew it could be her sister, Maddie or even her or anyone else for that matter. Pushing her plate away she looked at Maddie for a brief moment before looking back at Devon.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:04 am

Devon blinked a few times rapidly. Now how in the hell had that happened. He wasn't implying that the daughter was here. But somehow, it seemed to sound like that, or sound like something to that effect, to Gawain. Hadn't he made a note to self to not piss off Gawain. Crap. "I didn't mean to say that I thought the daughter was here. I came here because I thought it would be a quiet place to work the case from. I wasn't looking for the guys daughter here." Though, he was scanning everyone he came across so the info could be sent back to the client and he can tell them yes or no. It was odd that the client couldn't give a physical description or name of the clown, other than to call it a clown. But hopefully, that cleared up the misunderstanding.

A look directly to Madeline as he spoke again. "I noticed that you knew some kind of magic Madeline, which made me hope that you and . . . Kyra, right? That the two of you weren't the woman the clown is looking for. I'm sorry if I caused a misunderstanding. I was just . . . Well, I am a little worried that this clown plans to try and kill the woman it's looking for." His hand went to the back of his neck and he rubbed it as he moved his head back and forth slightly.

He looked back at Gawain. "Trust me Gawain, the last thing I want to do is make an enemy out of you. I am giving it to you straight. Oddly enough, I know of the video game you're speaking of. Never played it though, so I'm not too sure about the song reference. But I'm pretty sure that my client doesn't want to be on your bad side either. I'm sure that with your being a father, you can empathize with this guy. He just wants his daughter back from this clown that he works for. Or, well, I think he's not going to be working for it once he get's his daughter back." Devon left out the part about the clown possibly not even being around to work for once it's found.

Devon went silent for a moment. He looked down at the floor for a moment and seemed to be lost in thought. Then he spoke without even looking up. "The client, all I can tell you about him was that he was huge. He wore a cloak that hid him completely. His voice was deep and yet he seemed rather soft spoken." He looked up and back at those in the room with him. "When he talked . . . It seemed like he was kind of . . . Uneducated? I can't place where I know the manner of speak from. But he seemed like he was a simple, gentle, giant. Whomever this clown is that he calls master, it is obviously using him as muscle. Probably thinks the guy is just some big, dumb, beast it could push around." That was part of the reason Devon had taken pity on the guy.

He put his hand over his mouth and tilted his head as he stroked down a mustache and beard that wasn't there. "He didn't speak a lot, I never even really got his name come to think of it. But most of what he said he wrote down on a piece of paper without even looking at it. He would tell me about the problem he was having and then give me codes to answer his questions with. Like when he asked me if I would take the case. He said that if I would take the case that I should say that I did have a car big enough for someone his size. In fact, the entire vocal portion of the conversation went a lot like a car sale. He wrote down something about how his master could hear everything we talked about and see everything that he saw." That part had confused Devon at the time, and it still baffled him in the retelling.

Devon wondered if they were as confused as he was.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:34 am

Wait just a fornicatin' minute there.

"Y-you said a giant-sized guy, but you didn't say human. This....being. His master could hear what he heard and see what he saw? Well, I never thought I'd say this of anyplace in this realm, but hell if it isn't a small world." Quick glance to Maddie. "I'll tell ya once, girlie, you and your cohort had better not break out in that hideous song."

After a chuckle, he sat down. "Forgive me, Devon. I've got enemies, and while they are few, they are pretty much the kind you want to be wary of. Yeah, anyway, the er....guy. I believe he visited the Tel'Ranaemyn months ago. My daughter works there, so...nah, my -other- daughter." He sort of figured Devon would look at Madeline and wonder about running two inns. "I think we can help each other, Devon. For now, my interest is merely who had sent that brute to stay at the inn, and why this 'master' was so cruel to his subject."

Something else occurred to him at that point. "Oh, crap. Mads, Tasha came by last night, we drank waaaay too much beer, got hammered, she didn't want to drink and drive, so...I gave her a couple of shirts and a room. Least I could do for the kitten, coming so far to talk to me and such. She may be in here sooner or later, with a sore head and a 'charrrrming' disposition. Would you, you know, give her the hangover special?"
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:43 pm

"He's an Orc, and his name is Grimlock, am I right Devon?"

Madeline knew her Dad and every one else would be looking at her if her guess was right. She had a dealing with a orc at her sister's inn a few months before Wolf's Head reopened. Madeline then proceeded to explain how she knew him.

"If it's the same creature I'm thinking of he wouldn't hurt a fly unless provoked. He was on some sort of quest for his Master, and from the way he acted and sounded he was being forced to. I'd be willing to bet that this thing or whatever it is controlling him has his daughter."

Madeline took a deep breath and continued. "I tried to get him to tell me what was going on to see if I could help, but the poor fella seemed to be too scared to disobey his Master. It was almost as if his Master could hear us talking and was telling him what to do and threatening him in some sort of way as we spoke. Then a few days later he just left. I've wondered since then what happened, and if he in fact found his daughter."

Madeline wondered if the woman with the strong magics Devon was referring to was her. After all, she was fairly certain that Grimlock's master wasn't too pleased with her trying to help Grimlock.

She looked down at her father and chuckled. "Sure no problem Dad, can't wait to see Aunt Tasha again."

Madeline took the chair next to her and pulled it a little closer to Gawain. She sat down and was sort of leaning against him while she waited for Devon to confirm what she said was in fact the same Orc. While she waited quietly she spoke to Gawain. ~Hey Dad, ya mind returning the favor? Tequila and Dwarf bowling don't mix. Kyra and I thought it would be a good idea to see if we could have as much fun as you and Uncle Dre use.~
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:37 am

As if on cue, Tasha entered the bar area. She was freshly showered, though she still looked rather hung over. She had even brushed her teeth and ran a brush through her hair. She wore a pair of shorts, rolled down at the waist to tighten them a little more and to make them feel less like a swimming pool. She also had on one of Gawain's T's that hung below the legs of the shorts and had the sleeves down at her elbows. Obviously, not her clothing.

Bare feet padded over to where Gawain was sitting. "And just what is wrong with my disposition?" As she continued to walk farther into the room and closer to Gawain, she addressed everyone. "Good morning brother dear. Morning Maddie. Hi Kyra. Oh, Kyra. Heh, hi." It had taken a second for it register that Kyra was sitting there.

She ruffled Gawain's hair and bent over behind him to kiss his cheek. Then she ruffled Maddie's hair too. "How ya doin' Kido?" Addressing Maddie of course. She moved to an empty seat and noticed the other guy in the room. "Oh, sorry, good morning guy I don't know yet." She smiled at him then sat down.

She folded her arms on the table and crashed her head down on them. "I would ask for some of that trucker brew I smell, but something tells me that I do not want to remember last night." She popped her head up for a moment. "Not all of it anyway." She dropped her head back down. Her voice sounded a little muffled as she spoke again. "Please excuse me for not dressing for breakfast. Maddie, where's the wash room, I need to throw my clothes in so I can get dressed." She left her head down on the table.

As she sat there she closed her eyes. She had a scent burned into her nose and it was bothering her that she couldn't get rid of it. She only knew that the scent was there because of something that had happened the night before. The fact that she couldn't remember more than the scent was bothering her. But that was the part of the night she didn't think she wanted to remember.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum