Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

Needing advice from a big brother type ...

+3
Connor
Gawain
Tasha Masterson
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Needing advice from a big brother type ...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Needing advice from a big brother type ...

Post by Venis Jordianthan Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:13 am

Venis was very relieved to hear that her request had been granted. Even if it was going to cost such a high price. She was willing to pay her share. Including the one thousand souls. And she would be the one to collect them. After all, she was the only one of them without a soul that would be burdened with the guilt of the deaths.

How much would it bother Gareth to be bound to the Inn and Gawain for a year. While she carried out her sentence, or payed her price as they case may be, he would be stuck here. She thought it a small price to pay for life, so she accepted the terms. "אני מסכים לתנאים אלה. תודה. גם נפגשו. עד שניפגש שוב." Then she pulled back from that realm of existence.

Venis leveled her head to face Gareth once again and opened her eyes. She withdrew her hands from his head and his heart. "Sorry about that. But I have news." Gary should already start feeling stronger and more physically there to those who were holding onto him. She turned to face them all as much as she could.

She looked at each of them and hoped she had made the right choice. "Gareth may stay. But he is bound to Gawain and the Inn for one year." She wondered if she should tell them about the thousand souls or if she should just keep that to herself as she would not allow any other to help her collect them. She looked at them all to see what they had to say.

((I agree to these terms. Thank you. Well met. Until we meet again.))

Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Needing advice from a big brother type ...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Needing advice from a big brother type ...

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun May 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Madeline was taken a back a bit. Was he really back? Madeline placed her hand on her Uncle's cheek and looked into his piercing eyes just like she had done so many times when she was younger. As soon as her fingers made contact with his cheek, she began weaving threads of Air, Water, Fire and Spirit, much like she did when she healed Gawain, only to find he was...normal. "Uncle Gareth your back. You're really back!!"

Madeline threw her arms around her uncle and started juming up and down all girly like. "OH Uncle Gareth, I've missed you sooo much. I'm so happy you're back! We can be one big happy family again."

Coming back to her senses, she stopped the rare display of what passes for human emotion and turned to her aunt. "Aunt Venis, what did you do? How is this possible? I mean I know it's possible, but to bring him back... back like he was before?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue May 15, 2012 4:31 am

Gawain smiled, relaxing a little. His hand went to Gareth's shoulder, giving it a squeeze. "Light, but it's good to have you back, little brother. I am truly sorry for what I did at the end, but we had spoken about it, and it's what you said you wanted. Welcome back to the family." Gawain's eyes went to Venis, a look of pure gratitude within them. "Thank you so much, fireball. If anyone could do it, you could....and did. I owe you more than I can even fathom....and for the record, if such is possible, I would gladly share your burden. For the record, was that Hebrew or Arabic the being you dealt with spoke?" He waved his hand at her, chuckling. "Merely curious, V."

He looked over to Madeline with a smile, knowing she had gotten her favorite person in the world back. "Let him rest a bit, darlin'. He's had a rather busy day today. After all, it isn't every day you come back from the dead. Well, for most it isn't." He inwardly grumbled, knowing that the statement did not apply to him. In fact, he sometimes wondered if he had frequent flyer miles saved up from all the times he had crossed the veil and returned.

A short look was given to Connor. "Well, Connor, it looks like your father has returned. I'm sure you have a ton of questions, but I call dibs." With a smile, he nodded to Connor before turning back to Gareth. "Little brother, what say you and I schedule a conversation? A long one, accompanied by ale." He chuckled, then remembered something.

"I apologize, Tasha. I will amend my previous statement and say you have dibs on first. I know you have a lot you want to say...and hear. Take your time, kitten. I'm not getting any older, after all." He moved closer to Gareth, giving him a warm brotherly hug, and ruffled his hair. "Light, but it's good to see you."
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Thu May 17, 2012 3:18 am

Connor had grown completely silent, but when his name was called, he started. "Er, well bollocks, I dunno what to say. There's so many things I always wanted to ask you, Da, but I'm at a loss as to where I should start." He shook his head, then strode over to Gareth. "I missed ya, Da. You should know that from the start. I was so young when you left us......"

He cut off there, feeling a lump in his throat. "I suppose I should just come out and say it. I love ya, Da. I've always dreamed of havin' a bloody chance to talk to ya, but I always dismissed it as a pipe dream. Er....how're ya feelin'?" A lame start, he knew, but he didn't really know where to start.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera Thu May 17, 2012 3:38 am

He eyed the red-head with a bit of trepidation, not knowing how she had done what she had. He was also a little woozy, as well as being not a little freaked out that she had been in his mind, as well as what felt like her having her hand directly on his heart. It felt odd to have a beating heart again, but he would cope. He was back, and it felt........

He would decide on how he felt about that later. His eyes went to his son, and he smiled, although the smile did not seem to soften the icy blue of his eyes. "I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to catch up, son. After all, the lady here said I'd be spending quite a bit of time here at this....place. And with Gawain as my babysitter, no less. That's....something, isn't it? The guy that ended me is now my nanny. How very." He chuckled, nodding. "It's a bit poetic, isn't it? Now then......"

After he placed a hand on his son's shoulder, as if to reassure him, he turned to Tasha. "I thought of you often, love. I never thought I'd be coming back, but well, here I am. That's something, isn't it? It's a little strange, though.....I'm having a little trouble readjusting, it would seem. My feet, on solid ground.....it's a tad unnerving. Almost as if I've forgotten how to walk. Ah well, my nanny will no doubt be there for me. But first things first.....come here, please." He held his arms wide, inviting her to embrace him.

As he waited for her, he looked over to Madeline. "Good job with the block, kiddo. Makes a uncle proud. You simply must tell me all about it sometime soon. I'd love to have a private word with you when everything levels off. It should prove entertaining." He smiled again, still with the icy gaze...not overtly unfriendly, but there nonetheless. It may be hard to detect, but there was something decidedly off about him....not the madness, thank the Light, but.....something.

"Oh, Gawain, I do need to talk to you about the Source when you have a moment. I feel myself reconnected, but it feels strange. Did something happen while I was away? It's almost as if Saidin is clean. Weird, I know, but that's what it feels like." With that, he would stop speaking and turn his gaze back to Tasha.
Gareth Machera
Gareth Machera

Back to top Go down

Post by Venis Jordianthan Fri May 18, 2012 6:03 am

Venis looked down at the floor for a moment. She swallowed a little harder than normal for her. She resisted the temptation to bring a hand to her stomach. She looked up at Madeline when she was spoken to and shook her head. "I simply made a request, and agreed to the toll." She had told them of the toll of Gareth having to remain within the Inn or with Gawain for the period of one year. And that was the only toll they needed to know about.

She turned to look at Gawain. Her best friend. How hard was it going to be to hide the pain in her eyes from him? "Hebrew." She ignored the rest of what he said at that moment. After all, the look that Gary was giving her was hurting her heart. And she needed to get out of there. "It's good to have you back Gareth. Sorry that you're stuck here, but it was the best I could do." She moved close enough to kiss his cheek. "I'll check back later." And she would. She just didn't mention how much later.

She looked to Connor. "Pleasure to meet you. I hope you enjoy having your father back." She reached over and ruffled Maddie's hair. "Behave kid. You have another elder watching over you now." She winked at her. She leaned down to whisper in Tasha's ear. "Do that again and I might not be able to stop. And I honestly hope you understand what you have done. Love ya, enjoy your new dilemma." And she gave her shoulder a light squeeze.

She moved closer to Gawain. Being six foot two in her bare feet, and wearing heels, had it's advantages. She slid her arms around his waist to hug him. And then she leaned her forehead against his. She closed her eyes because she knew that this close, she could not keep the pain from showing in those beautiful blue orbs of hers. She whispered to him as well. "The burden is mine, and mine alone. I did what I had to do." She wouldn't share the burden of the rest of the toll with anyone who still had a soul. And Gawain would know that if she told him what she had to do. Maybe he did know, after all, he did ask what language they were speaking. Maybe he understood some of it.

She had one other thing to say before she left them. "Don't let it win." Ominous message would be an understatement. But when the time came, he would understand the message. She lightly pressed her lips to his. It was a short, chaste kiss off friendship. Then she released him and stepped away. A blood tear rolled down her face as she disappeared through a portal and was gone again. The portal sealed behind her with a flash of flame, just like the one in New Haven had done.
Venis Jordianthan
Venis Jordianthan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Fri May 18, 2012 6:39 am

Tasha had been silent since telling Venis that she was sure that this was what she had wanted. And it worked. Almost no one was even remembering that she was standing there holding Gareth's hand. But Gawain blew that out of the water, didn't he?

She still didn't say anything or even move. She was just waiting for things to calm down. Though, a 'heh' sound was made when Gawain said that he was amending his statement to give her dibs. It was meant in humor, not sarcasm. It took a second for it to dawn on her what dibs even was. After all, she had only been to Earth once, and dibs wasn't a usual phrase in Rhy'Din. She had to go from what Venis had told her of the word years ago.

When Venis leaned down and whispered to her, her eyes got a little wide for a moment. She knew what had happened at the Keep. Well, she had heard from several people anyway. She knew what Venis had done. As well as what she had done in New Haven. So the words that Venis spoke gave her a bit of a chill down her spine. She could only give one response. "I'll handle it. And I'm sorry." She knew she needed to apologize for nearly slitting Gawain's throat to get her here.

When Venis disappeared again and everyone had stopped talking, she took Gareth up on his request. Her free hand moved to his waist before she released his hand. Her other hand moved to his waist as well and she slid her hands around his body. She moved in close and turned her head to the side. She hugged him close and pressed her body to his. He was solid, he was there, and he had a heart beat. She closed her eyes slowly and just stood there with her arms wrapped around him listening to the beating of his heart and his breathing.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri May 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Madeline didn't really want to let go of her uncle. Granted she had seen him in a dream when Ahriman had her and Kyra held hostage, and even then she was reluctant to leave his side. Still her dad was right, Madeline let go and stood between the two other favorite men in her life, Connor and her father. She gave an affectionate smile to Venis. "Thank you Aunty V, ....I... dont know how to thank you enough." Maddie was so taken aback by having her Uncle Gareth back, that she completely ignored her parting words.

She looked at her watch to see it was nearly 5 am. "Well this has been one more night." And it had, between Tasha freaking out about Connor, to Gawian more or less catching her with Connor, to now her Uncle's return from the dead. "It's five am, the other guest will be up soon. Oh I know I'll cook a big breakfast."

"Tasha, I assume your going take him back to your room? Dad, Connor, try to get some rest, I'm gonna take Swifty into town to get some fresh supplies. And none of you give me that look, I'm a big girl I can handle things that go bump in the night. "

Madeline gave her dad a peck on the cheek, and went to embrace her lover . What the hell, Dad knows, she thought. Madeline wrapped her arms around Connor's neck and gave him along passionate kiss. "Get some rest my love, you have a lifetime with him now."

When she let go she made a gateway to the stables. "Uncle Gareth I always have time for you. All you have to do is call me. See you guys at breakfast."

And with that she stepped through the gateway and closed it.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Wed May 23, 2012 7:55 am

Gawain was quiet for a time, pondering what that last bit from Venis meant, as well as wondering what happened in the transit to Gareth. How could he not know her.....and what was with the snide tone in his voice? For now, he thought, best to let it go. Guy's been through it, and I know how odd it seems to become manifest again after going awhile without a corporeal body.

He looked over to the retreating Maddie, hid a scowl, and tried on a smile instead. "Mads, how about putting on a large quantity of coffee and she's gone...after Hoover-ing your face, it would seem. Heh, what can ya do, right?" He could do plenty, but whatever. "I'll....be...somewhere else. The kitchen, or something. You three....you got some....yeah. I'll just be somewhere else. Gareth, bro, let me know what you need and it's yours. Just come and get me before you go into the television room. The sound system is...well, Maddie wired it to blow the earwax outta your ears. See ya soon." He thought really hard about Channeling a gateway....then, since he liked his boots well enough to not want to barf on them, simply headed for the stairs.

Oh yeah! "Connor, when you get a chance, maybe they want to have a little alone time to talk.....I'm sure there'll be plenty of time to talk to your Dad at length. Sorry about the confinement, Gareth, but Venis did the absolute best she could, and if I know her...which I do....did more. We'll talk about it at length whenever you feel well enough. And this is me, heading for coffee and something bland. Very, very bland. Light, how much beer did I drink.....I'm getting too old for this." That last bit was said wryly, with a bit of a grin aimed at Tasha. Then, down the steps he went, steadying himself with the handrails. Light, why didn't I push for an elevator.....
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Wed May 23, 2012 8:03 am

After Madeline kissed him and left, then Gawain spoke to him, Connor seemed to come out of a fog. "Er, ah, sure, G'wain. I was just, ya know, standin' here tryin' to not seem like I was barking mad or somethin'. Sorry for starin', Da. I'm just...not good at this." He stepped forward, slid his arms around Gareth, and proceeded to give his father what can only be described as the fifth most awkward hug in the history of man-hugging. "Er, I'll just be....helping...with...breakfast. Or somethin' like tha'. " He started toward the stairs, trying not to shake his head. Sodding hell, I'm losin' me mind....
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera Wed May 23, 2012 8:24 am

Gareth stared at Gawain for a moment, shrugging. "Well, clothes, I suppose. Maybe a place to sleep, something to eat.....I've literally not eaten in years." He shook his head, teetering a little at the action, then steadied himself in time to receive a hug from his man-child. He patted Connor's back gently, feeling a little embarrassed for the boy. "Maybe sometime you'll tell me where you came by that accent. You sound like you've been spending too much time in England, of all places. Well, we'll get sorted soon enough." He nodded to them both, then turned to Tasha.

"I...if you see Venis before I do, tell her I'm sorry. Didn't mean to upset her....or you. I feel like...well, crap is pretty much the going term, right?" He chuckled, running his hand through his hair. "I've got to get used to this, burn me. I....you don't have somewhere we could sit down for awhile, do you?" She would, since she possessed heightened senses comparable with Gawain's, notice a slight weariness in his bearing, a darkness beneath his eyes, and something that made it seem as if he were carrying much more weight than he was carrying. "What is 'it', by the way? She said 'don't let it win', and if you're in some sort of a fix...."

It was then that he felt, for the first time, the currents of Saidin, ebbing and flowing around him. Did he dare? The decision was made in an instant, almost without his even reaching for it. The Power flooded him, filling every fiber of his being with energy. "Oh....Light...." He let go, sinking to his knees and openly weeping. "It's clean. Tasha, it's...clean....the Taint is gone." He released the power, feeling not unlike a wrung dishcloth, and sunk a little lower, his arms going around his midsection, hugging himself and shuddering almost like a child. While he looked downward to the floor beneath him, he hid a glare. Gawain bloody Cauthon had some answers that he would hear. And soon. Wiping his face with the back of his arm, he forced himself to stop glowering, looking up to Tasha. "Sorry. That was...unexpected. I didn't mean to even....I wasn't even trying. It was like Saidin reached out to me. I'm sorry." He looked, strangely enough, like a child that had been caught doing something bad. Being alive was....well, something else.
Gareth Machera
Gareth Machera

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson Wed May 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Tasha didn't move from her position of clinging to Gareth as others leaned over her and hugged him. She had no plans of moving yet. When he started talking to her again she listened. "I ... If I see her, I'll tell her." She didn't think she would be seeing Venis any time soon. She had been told about the events that had occurred at the Keep. And with as long as Venis had been gone already, she didn't think the Fireball was going to be home for a while.

He asked for a place to sit down, so she pulled back from him to look up at him. She could tell that he seemed to be a little worse for wear. She was trying to think of a place to sit other than the floor. But he asked about Venis and the it that she mentioned. Tasha had a theory about what it was. But she didn't want to worry him with such things at the moment. It was Venis' issue and Venis had to figure it out on her own. Of course, she had just enlisted Gawain to help her.

She smiled up at Gareth. "No, it's not me. I'm not in a fix of any type. I'm fine." There were things that they needed to talk about, things he might not want to hear. But they could wait. Besides, she was still trying to recover from her night of her and Gawain drinking themselves into oblivion. Now was not the time for a serious conversation. It could wait until they had gotten some rest and maybe some food.

Tasha suddenly released Gary and he sank to his knees. She stood there watching him, not ready to panic yet. She knew what he was talking about when he said it was clean, that the taint was gone. She had been told that it was the taint that had driven him mad. But when he sank lower to the floor, she moved to her knees beside him. She couldn't hide the worry on her face. Did she need to call Venis back? Should she yell for Gawain again? But Gary looked up at her and apologized for ... For what? Why was he sorry? And why did he look like a kid who needed to be punished for something?

Tasha moved a hand to run fingers through his hair. She rested the hand upon the side of his face. "Don't be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong." She leaned down and kissed his temple. "Come on, let's get you to a bed. I think you'll feel better after some rest, and I know I will." After all, she had never had a hang over before. But then again, she had never drank as much as she had a few hours ago either.

She got up off the floor and reached a hand down to him. She could have lifted him up off the floor and carried him if she had to. But she was hoping he could stand and walk on his own. Or at least with only leaning on her for support. After all, she was still a little drunk and there were stairs. "I will send for some things from the Keep for you. Things that were in my possession when ... You know, stuff that was in my room at the SBR and stuff that was at the Keep. I'll have the tailor come out here too." She wanted to make sure that he had some clothes that were comfortable for him.

She figured that he would want a bigger room since he was kind of stuck here for a year, but she didn't see the harm in him napping in the room Gawain had given her for right now. The bed had room for two, and she needed a nap to try and sleep off some of the alcohol. After a nap, they could go get something to eat in the bar. But if she woke up and he was still asleep, she would let him sleep a little longer. There was no rush, it wasn't like he was going back to where he was right now.
Tasha Masterson
Tasha Masterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum