Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

Things to know

3 posters

Go down

Things to know Empty Things to know

Post by Admin Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these boards will be playing fair. It sounds great, but I am afraid that there are those who will simply create three-hundred characters, each with fantastic powers/gifts, who dominate every single facet of the board, including the strictly out-of-character Chatterbox. This will not be tolerated. Violators will be warned, and, if the activity continues, will be shown the door.

On the subject of gods, if your character has come by their godly heritage by practical means, such as birth, being endowed or empowered by an already established god or goddess, or other such practical examples, it is completely fine. However, fair-play rules are enforced. Can you interact with others? Of course! In fact, I want to encourage you to do so. However, if you show signs of abusing this, I will have no choice but to invite you to leave. Remember, fair play means that everyone gets a fair shake, no matter who you are or who you know. There is also a registry, of sorts, on a website...here. http://www.angelfire.com/realm/townofrhydin/Gods.html (Huh. These things pop back up after who knows how long in existence and make you get all squishy and sentimental....)

On the subject of grammar, I will not get too adamant about most things, but please, make sure everyone who reads your postings will know what you are saying. One of the most common things I have seen in my I-don't-remember-how-many years of RP is the inability to distinguish between "your" and "you're". Example: "Your horse is on my foot, and you're going to move it, right?" See? Simple and to the point. Another one to watch out for is there, their, and they're. Example: "They're there, with their horses." They're is a contraction of they are. There denotes location, as in "It is over there." Their is possessive, as in "their rules" or "their possessions". See? Again, simple! One more that I neglected to mention, and that is the difference between "then" and "than". Example. "Your horse is bigger than mine." "Well then, you should buy a larger one!" Do you see the difference? Very Happy

The final point I will make here is please, please, and please remember that we are here to have fun. That is a rule. Have fun. If you aren't here to have fun, stop, turn around, and don't let the door hit you. Furthering vendettas, character bashing, mun bashing, or anything of the like will be met with zero tolerance. I won't impose any unfair rules, or be anything but impartial. This will not, in my experience as a guild leader and board moderator for AOL, make me any friends, but it will keep things running smoothly and make the atmosphere friendly.

Well, here I am, breaking my word on keeping this short. Here is a link to a website detailing the trope known as "God Modders". God-Modders. It is a pretty good reference for those times when you are saying hmm, can I get away with this or that? You'd be surprised what some people do and think hey, this is completely fair, everyone will love it. I will stop here, and go do something else. I hope I did not come off as preachy or arrogant, and if I did, I am truly sorry. However, if and when someone dumps a outhouse on your character, this will be here to say hey, precedent! You can't do that according to the rules! So, that's it. Thanks for coming aboard, and I look forward to interacting with each and every one of you.

Peace.

-Admin-a-dude-

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://wolfheadinn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Things to know Empty Re: Things to know

Post by Beastie Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:26 am

Pastor Admin (LOL had too. To good of an opportunity to miss), if you could please, PM me as I have a question for you about the website you posted. As it plays in an intricate part in someone playing.

Thank you.

Side Note: Please also remember folks, that some players purposely misspell words because that is their charrie. Or they use bad grammar because it fits their charrie. Or is even in another dialect.
Beastie
Beastie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:21 am

Boy, that admin is a right wanker. Twisted Evil
Gareth Machera
Gareth Machera

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content