Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

The inevitable conversation ...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The inevitable conversation ... - Page 2 Empty Re: The inevitable conversation ...

Post by Gareth Machera Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:36 pm

"Well, shit, the brat's all woman-sized! How's my favorite niece....and what in the nine realms smells so......heavenly?!" He grinned, squeezing her right back and planting a kiss on her cheek. "I think I missed you most of all, Scarecrow." He barely suppressed a laugh at that statement......she had hated that nickname as a kid, but with her scrawny arms and wild hair, it fit. "Seriously, Maddie, I missed you. Sorry I didn't....you know....say goodbye and whatnot. Insanity and death kind of happen when you least expect them. Good news, though. I'm back, and I'm not going out again without one helluva fight." Sniff-sniff. "Is that country-style steak?" For maybe the third time since his return, a broad smile formed. "Peach cobbler, too? Damn, kiddo, keep treating me like this and I'll call the 'dream' that broke your block even." He smirked, winked, and started looking for a place to sit and eating utensils. Oh, he was going to make SUCH a pig of himself........
Gareth Machera
Gareth Machera

Back to top Go down

The inevitable conversation ... - Page 2 Empty Re: The inevitable conversation ...

Post by Gawain Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:17 am

Shuffling in, mumbling, and generally in a mood (we'll get to that later), Gawain entered, carrying a small device with a wire attached. "Eye-pod? Vithing thing goes in your ear, why not EAR pod? Make some sense, ya bunch of fruit salesmen! Why do apple pickers even MAKE tech, anyway?!" This was, of course, said before he realized he was walking into what seemed to be a party. And dammit, it smelled good, too. But this little....thing...wouldn't shut off. From the earpiece.....

Sleep my friend and you will see
That dream is my reality
They keep me locked up in this cage
Can't they see it's why my brain says Rage

He gave it a smack, knocking...something...loose, and groaned. "Oh well, I'll have to buy another one. Liked the early stuff with Cliff better anyway." He cleared his throat, looked around, and smirked. "I see Maddie made good on her threat. It always scares the shite out of me when she acts like a flaming housewife." Oh, he had already scanned her visually, and she didn't have that damned crossbow with her. He'd one day have to explain to his wife why he had a round, puckered scar on his left ass-cheek. Bloody kids. He chuckled at the memory, and walked over to the small gathering. "Well, seems that something got through all the wool and hay in your brain, little brother." A playful swat was sent at Gareth's shoulder, then he looked to Tasha. "How's it going, kitty-cat? Want I should find you a ball of yarn?" SMIRK. "Maddie, uhm...this thing...you know, the music thing, eye something or other....well, you know, do the thing." He held it out...well, whatever was left of it...and looked sheepish. "Totally not my fault, I should have never bought a music player from a fruit company. Makes about as much sense as buying a television from a motorcycle company." Eyeing the surroundings, he looked a little downward. "Huh, still a no-show." He had hoped his friends would come back one day, even if to just drop in for a visit. Damned good thing he had socked away the greater portion of his earnings since early on in his SBR days. This place was nearly deserted, save for Gareth, Tasha, Madeline, and himself. That little ankle-biter Dylan...who knew where that kid went when he wasn't plundering in one of the rooms or fiddling with the gear in the training room. Still, he was as pleased as could be expected, given the ongoing circumstances. ~Tasha, any word from the Fireball?~ was sent in Tasha's direction, their psionic rapport still in place, as much for her protection as his own. An extra set of eyes sometimes meant the difference between a nice ride in the evening and spending a few painful hours plucking out crossbow bolts. "So....got enough for me? I've had nothing but stale bread and beer for the last week....felt like I was stuck in the Holiday Inn." A quick glance at Tasha....if she didn't catch that blatant Buffett reference, he'd eat his hat. Well, if he had a hat, anyway.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:36 am

"Scarecrow? Really?? Here I am working my ass off to fix your favorite meal and I get Scarecrow." Maddie couldn't help but laugh at her Uncle and the nickname he called her as a child.

Maddie let go and motioned for her Aunt Tasha and her Uncle to have a seat at the bar. Walking around the backside, she leaned down looking for her Uncle Gareth's bottle of single malt scotch she had "found" for Connor. She smiled to herself as it dawned on her that father and son shared the same taste in spirits.

It was then she heard her father come into the tavern part of the inn grumbling about something. Maddie sat the bottle of scotch on the bar along with four shot glasses. "Light Dad, how many of those things are you going to go through?"

She poured the shot glasses full of scotch, setting the bottle down, she picked hers up and of course chugged it in true Cauthon fashion. Shaking her head a bit, she picked up the bottle looking at the label. A mischievous crossed her crossed her lips as she spoke in that one gets when they drink something unexpectedly strong. "No wonder, this is form Dad's old liquor cabinet back home. It must be as old as well...." She smirked and let that one go.

"So whats up with Aunt Venius?" anything to change the subject.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:43 am

"You don't want to know, sis." Xavier walked in, having been standing just outside the door for a few moments. It had been long enough to gauge the mood and direction of the conversation. "Look, Dad, it's time to address the elephant in the room, Aunt V has gone off her nob. She's dangerous. You have to do something....she's your best friend. Do what you do and bring her out of it. You know she'd do the same for you if she had to."

He spent a moment spent grabbing a cup of coffee and formulating a plan of attack that might get him past Maddie and into that plate of bacon, then shrugged, turning back to Gawain. "I apologize if I overstepped, Dad, but she's hurting. Somewhere inside herself, trapped and alone. Didn't you tell me that you would be there for her no matter what?" ~Come on, I'm just as proud and stubborn as you. It's genetic. Thanks a lot, by the way. As if I wouldn't have gotten enough stubbornness from Mom. Just go and do what must be done. I'll help as much as I'm able. Okay?" He took a long sip of coffee, still glancing at the bacon plate occasionally with a slight longing in his eyes, but otherwise focused on his father. "If you won't hear anything else, remember what you told me when we were reunited. Family is forever."
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue May 03, 2016 3:10 pm

Gawain was, as one should expect from him by now, never in the mood to be bawled out by -anyone-, especially a half-grown whelp with a little too much brass for his own good. He could move a lot faster than most would expect, especially given his large frame. He was there, by the bar, and at once he was over there, standing over Xavier. Yes, he could still loom with the best of them.

A low, growling voice was what was heard, not a shout. "What gives you the right to come in here yapping at me like you know, pup? Like you know!" A vicious backhand sped at Xavier's cheek, knocking the  presumptuous kid on his ass. "I have been between here and there more times than I care to count, and nothing is being done. NOTHING. If I wanted to talk about matters instead of doing, I would still be behind a bloody desk! DO. YOU. HEAR. ME?!"

He stopped, looking around at what he was expecting to be the disapproving looks of those gathered. He would not be made to feel awkward or shamed, however. He was doing every-bleeding-thing he could. If others would not, or could not, listen to wisdom, then they deserved to fall.

"That tears it. I'm done. DONE. Maddie, you have the keys. If you need anything, you know how to contact me. And you." His eyes swung from Madeline to Xavier. "Next time you decide to come barking up this tree, remember how quickly it put you on your self-righteous ass." As he turned, close inspection would find that his eyes flashed amber, then dark, then back to blue. Another dark speck formed, coalesced, and floated down to its fellows as he angrily seized Power, ripping a hole in the Pattern itself mere seconds before stepping through. "You would do well to leave me be. My ledger already has more red in it that I'd like, but there is room for more, if need be." The hole snapped shut, and he was gone.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:22 am

Maddie watched as her brother  stuck his foot in his mouth talking to their dad, and she cringed as Gawain's backhand set Xavier on his rump. Why Xavier felt the need to pop off like that after she had warned her brother when they first met NOT to push the Venius button.  

She listened as her father spoke, and nodded and spoke in a low voice as Gawain gated out of the room "Yes Sir.". Once Gawain had left, Maddie took a  small bag from behind the bar and filled it with ice. Wrapping it in a towel, she stepped out from her behind the bar and walked over to check on her brother.

She crouched down beside him and handed him the ice pack she had made. "Good job there little brother. Have I not told you to question Dad in such a fashion?" She started to say something else but stopped. Gawain had made his point, and Maddie wasn't the type to rub salt into a wound.

As she stood back up, Maddie extended her hand out to help her brother off the floor. While talking to her aunt and uncle. "Sorry you two had to see that. Dad is well you know...Dad."

Maddie made her way back behind the bar once Xavier was on his feet. She poured her brother and herself a shot of whiskey. Leaning against the counter behind her she sighed, and sent Gawain a mental link, "Sorry about that Dad, but you know he meant well. He just has that thing I use to have. You know, broken brain to mouth filter. Pretty sure you knocked back into place. Anyway when you cool off, and please cool off first. I'll have your plate in the microwave. Unless you want me to bring it to you." Maddy poured another shot as she awaited her fathers reply.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum