Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

Thirst (Partially Open)

3 posters

Go down

Thirst (Partially Open) Empty Thirst (Partially Open)

Post by Gawain Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:46 am

"Part of the problem", Gawain announced to the empty room and half-filled bottle of Jack. "Part of the problem is that nothing...nothing...ever goes just like ya want it. So, here I am, I s'pose, drinkin' and knowin' the drunk won't last long enough for anythin'." Growling, he showed the bottle away, eyeballing the ice chest hopefully then grunting and smiling as he pulled a sixer of Molson out of the ice. "Love you too, girl." Maddie always did understand him better than anyone....hell, she was one of the grand total of three people who knew exactly what made him tick, and why. The other two? They know who they are, or should. "I dunno though.....sittin' here talkin' to myself, makes me wonder if the path ain't gotten a little to long." With a long pull that drained the second of the six beers, he chuckled. "I b'lieve I gave Mads strict orders to shove a stream of Fire up my arse if I ever got maudlin again...it's a damn sight to piss yer own self off." He shook his head with a smirk, looked up, as if waiting, watching the clock, and expecting...something. "Bout time for you two ta get home.....we gotta talk soon, anyway." Fourth beer down, fifth popped open. They should be back before he had time to fish out another two six packs....well, maybe. The trip he had left on had taken a heavy toll, one he had no plans to discuss with anyone other than the two he was expecting just yet.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thirst (Partially Open) Empty Re: Thirst (Partially Open)

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:31 am

Maddie walked into the bar wiping her eyes and sniffling. Cleaning up Swifty's stall had been harder than on her than she realized.  She walked into the bar and saw her dad sitting there and smiled.
"Dad, what are you doin waiting up? I'm 25 now and besides, it's totally Xavier's fault."

She gave him a playful smile hoping he wouldn't notice she had been crying. She grabbed the half empty bottle of Jack and sat it on the bar and wrapped her arms around her Dad giving him a big hug.

"It's good to be home."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Gawain grinned, chuckling slightly at her comment. "No one's in trouble, darlin'. Just sitting here doing a lot of thinking. 25....damn, it seems like yesterday that you were a short little crumbsnatcher begging for a new toy." He took another pull on that fifth bottle of Molson, and sighed. "So how did your trip go, sweetie? And when can I expect your little brother home? Kid's been gone way too long...."
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:08 am

Baseline smiled as she listened to her father and finished the bottle o Jack and starting on another. "Xavier is home, in fact we just got back an hour or so ago, kid is probably resting in his room."

Maddie was intentionally avoiding his question, "How Uncle Garreth doin?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Xavier simply strolled in, freshly showered and changed out of those thrice-accursed military clothes. "I heard my name, smelled family, and I've a hankering for something besides watered down wine....well, wine gives it too much credit. It was actually more along the lines of piss and vinegar." He chuckled, looking to both of them, then gave Madeline a long glance. "You alright, sis? I know it's tough....maybe you should talk to Dad about it."

He strolled over to the bar, peered around, and sighed. "I don't suppose I rate something strong, huh Pops. I need something to wash away the smell and mental images of those damned Trollocs."
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:07 pm

"Gareth's fine, all things considered. I mean, I did murder him and help drag him back out of what I can only assume was Heaven. Plus, he's bonded to this place for a full year, unless I travel with him. So....well, hell, Maddie, he's your Uncle Gareth! YOU he would probably hug and squeeze and love and pet and call smootchy-poo!" He laughed for a moment, then turned to Xavier. "Son, you're a man tried, true, and battle-hardened. Take your pick........and while you're at it, give me allllll the details, including what the vithing hell caused you to look so damn different!"

A moment later, his eyes went back to Maddie. "Maddie, darlin', I can feel your hurt. What happened? Remember, you may not be a shifter, but you DO have a lot of the beneficial attributes. So....what's wrong, darlin'?"

Last edited by Gawain on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Maddie shot Xavier her brother a glare, then smiled cooly reaching under the bar for the water down liquor she kept on the off chance she had to cut off her dad. "Here ya go brother dear, hardest thing I have."

She turned her bottle up and took another long swim and shook her head. Whats there to tell Dad, you know how the outskirts of the Borderlands are. Damn Trollocs attacked, caught me off guard, Swifty paid for it...."

Maddie couldn't bring herself to say the word dead. She turned her head away from both of them and wiped her eyes wishing they would both let it go.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:32 am

Xavier looked up from his drink....ech, watered down....and regarded Maddie with a soft gaze. "Sorry, sis. Didn't mean to pry, I'm just worried about you. It wasn't your fault....damned Trollocs don't care what it is, as long as it's...." He trailed off, knowing anything he said would only hurt her worse. Therefore, he turned back to the watered-down swill he was drinking, casting his eyes about for something that didn't taste of goat urine.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:58 pm

He spoke, all the while giving his son a stern yet understanding look. "Maddie, I think your brother is trying to be comforting, but the many months spent with those Light-blinded simpletons on the Border have left him with less tact than a Aiel. Still, I wish I could have been there. Maybe I could have made some sort of difference. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20, so they say." He sighed, knowing that there was no replacing her beloved horse, but a thought arose. "Say, Maddie....I just happen to have procured a fine steed. The owner....um....didn't need him anymore, and he is in need of a firm hand to break him in. So....think you might be up to the task? As usual, he shies away from me....something to do with the scent of lycan."

Thirst (Partially Open) Shire_12
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Maddie looked between her brother and her father and sighed. She knew they both meant well. She slid her bottle of Jack to Xavier. "Here Pup, drink this.No water I promise."

She opened a new bottle of whiskey and handed it to her dad. She walked to the window overlooking the stables and saw the horse Gawain had been talking about. She couldn't help but smile. Maddie always did have a soft spot for horses..well any animal. She walked back over behind her dad. Placing her arms around his shoulders, she gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you Daddy. I love him. I'll be happy to break him in...That is if I can remember how."

Madeline was just 9 when Gawain had got her Swifty and he was the one that had did most of the training. Especially after Maddie had decided that after Swifty finally let a saddle go on his back he was ready to ride. Maddie winced at the memory of Gawain's reaction when he caught up with Swifty and eventually her.

Maddie let go of the hug and went back behind the bar. "So catching up. Anything else me and the pup need to know?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:39 pm

"Again with the pup! You know, if you weren't all weak and frail and girly, I'd pop ya one! Of course, you probably have to go powder your arse or nose or some such girly crap, so never mind." He smirked, obviously joking, as he tipped the Jack to his lips. "Ah...good to be back in the land of the semi-sensical. Where not every death is preceded by the words 'hey. watch this!' and not every fire has a green cloud of flatulence floating above it." Maybe one day he would even be able to eat beans again. Maybe. "That's a lot of horse, though, for one little girl, Dad. Shouldn't you get her...I dunno, a pink pony? Or maybe a unicorn with sparklies or some such crap. Eh, who knows what they think about when the sense stops hitting their brains because of all o' that estrogen." Yes, he knew he sounded like an ignorant male. He had had the unfortunate opportunity to study the average ignorant male in its natural habitat for a year, so he had plenty of research. Besides, how often did even this much of their family ever get together?
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:20 pm

Gawain had, since Xavier started speaking, staring at his wristwatch. As he finally stopped speaking, Gawain shook his head and stood up. "Congratulations, Xavier. Not that I don't expect something from Maddie, but if that had been your mother, you would be a smoking pile of ashes. As it stands, be glad that your sister doesn't know how to weave Balefire." After he had stepped behind the bar and moved away from his son, he added. "I don't think she knows the weaves, anyway. You're kinda screwed if she does." With a chuckle, he pulled another bottle down from the wall, read the label, and scoffed loudly. "Peppermint flavoured vodka?! What, did I suddenly grow a vagina? Where did this come from?!" Growling to himself and offering a silent apology to the ancient Scandinavians and western Russians, he shoved the bottle into a rack toward the rear and grabbed another vodka. "Ah, here we go. Vodka flavoured vodka. Just like granny used to make." Gulp-gulp-gulp. "You might wanna apologize, kid. She might not be able to change into an animal, but she fights like one. Like a cornered badger, if ya ask me." He winked at Madeline, grinned, and shook his head. These two acted like they had been raised together, and he hoped that bond would continue past Maddie ripping Xavier's ears off.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:38 am

Madeline had been listening to her bratty ass brother running his mouth like one of those yip-pee Jack Russell Terriers. No, she wasn't mad, she actually enjoyed the banter with her brother.

She shook her head and laughed at her dad reading the vodka label's. "Ya know Dad, we DO have other guest in the Inn and tavern. They might like the peppermint vodka. Besides, I always put some in Xavier's bottle baby bottle before he goes to bed.".

She poured herself a shot of burbon and put the glass in the sink and the bottle on the bar. Tossing Xavier a wet bar rag she grinned wickedly, "Okay Im going to get some dinner started. I think tonight I'll make fried cubed steak with my homemade gravy Uncle Gareth always seemed to like. Along with some fried corn and maybe rolls or cornbread. And a peach pie for dessert. Xavier, since you like to run your mouth so much, you can wipe the bar down after Dad gets done. Since I AM older, and run things around here your gonna do it, otherwise you can expect mashed peas and mashed broccoli baby food for dinner. Dinner should be ready in about a hour or so. If you two wool headed idi...If you two need anything I'll be in the kitchen."

Maddie walked behind both her brother and father kissing them each on the chek, and made her way to the kitchen
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down