Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

A desperate Cry (open to Xavier)

2 posters

Go down

A desperate Cry (open to Xavier) Empty A desperate Cry (open to Xavier)

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:24 am

Madeline's visit with the Amrylin was successful, the help for her brother she had requested had been granted. The Amrylin Seat had told Madeline to go ahead and start making her way towards the Borderlands, and the Yellows she had requested would be a day behind her.

Madeline had changed into the Aiel clothes Xavier had sent her. She was about five miles out from where Xavier was posted when she was ambushed by a group of Trollocs. Out of nowhere Swifty reared up and suddenly fell to the ground knocking Maddie to the ground. Madeline crawled over to her beloved horse to find him lifeless with a spear in his chest and not breathing. Maddie tried desperately to heal her long time friend but it was no good. She laid her head on her dead friend sobbing when she felt a sharp cold steel point on the back of her neck, she was too upset to think straight, let alone defend herself. She did however,send out a desperate mental cry for help. ~ HELP ME!!!~
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

A desperate Cry (open to Xavier) Empty Re: A desperate Cry (open to Xavier)

Post by Xavier Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Xavier was, as was his habit, asleep at the late hour in which he received the mental blitzkrieg. His eyes snapped open, and he was on his feet in his small-clothes in less than an instant. A growl escaped him, and he was dressed in his cadin'sor in short order. His roommate muzzily asked what was wrong, but Xavier snapped a quick none-of-your-flaming-business response and was on his way.In a I-don't-give-a-flaming-fart manner, Xavier shifted in full view of the gathering that was around the cook fire and started off. As an arrow streaked by his ear, he snarled, spun, and sprung at the nearest one, which was, ironically enough, the idiot that fired the arrow. His voice, gruff in its tone, sounded in the night. "I don't have TIME for you, you fool!" Then, he was off, bounding into the night with purpose.

He was, quite quickly, and by virtue of a nose that could sniff out the sole remaining Twinkie in a world ravaged by a zombie apocalypse, by Madeline's side. He changed forms back to his human skin and doffed the clothing he had had the presence of mind to bring along on his broad back. "MADDIE!" Then, he whirled on the Trollocs that had attacked, seizing Saidin and immediately channeling every nasty contrivance he could muster. Whirling Death-Gates, Riven Earth, and Arrows of Fire streaked to the Trollocs, ripping them to bloody shreds or, in some cases, causing them to simply atomize. The remaining thirty or so were treated to a heaping helping of Balefire. They collapsed into a photo negative of themselves, and the Pattern trembled as they completely vanished, screaming in their gruff voices. "Bloody flaming animals! You're lucky I didn't get REALLY nasty!"

After a moment spent catching his breath, he turned to Madeline, trying to smile in a nice manner....and failing to do more than show her his teeth. "Maddie, are you well? Speak to me!"
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Madeline was still bent down, lying on Swifty's corpse, when her brother showed up in mere minutes of her sending out a distress call. While Xavier took care of the Trollocs that had attacked, her memories of getting Swifty flooded her mind. Swifty had been a present from Gawain. She was ten years old and had begged her father for years to get her a horse, and the one and only time she ever honor roll at school, he finally broke down and bought her one. Swifty had been her companion and best friend for 15 years now, and it was killing her that he was gone.

When Xavier walked up to her after the fight, she stood up and thew her arms around his broad shoulders and broke down. "Oh Xavier, those bastards killed my Swift and if you hadn't of showed up they would have me too."

"I wanted to surprise you. I got your letter, and decided to come pay you a visit. I knew it was bad, but not like this.I guess I should have, though. The Amrylin did warn me to be careful the closer I got to camp."

By this time she had calmed down and wiped her eyes. She walked around and gathered up the books she had brought for Xavier, along with a box of his favorite chips, and a fat jar of pickled eggs that, thank the Light, didn't break. She looked at her horse's dead body and was trying to figure out what to do with it. "So you planning on explaining your new tricks....and do you plan on teaching me a few?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Xavier grinned and began to laugh. "Surely you remember that a male teaching a female weaves is like a bird trying to teach a turtle to fly, sis. I'm sorry I didn't burn the sorry bastards out of the Pattern hard enough to spare Swifty.....I know what she meant to you."

He walked closer, enfolding her in a warm hug. "I'm glad you came. Spending day and night with these redneck borderlanders has been a pain in my ass. As for the surprise, it was a very welcome one. Uhm...would you like me to take care of Swifty? I wouldn't dream of having you saddled with the task of burying or burning her."
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 am

Maddie wiped her tears and returned her brother's hug. "No I haven't forgotten, and you have nothing to apologize for Xavier. I should of just traveled the esay way and opened a gateway to your camp.

Madeline walked over and kissed her beloved stead one more time. Standing back up, she walked to beside Xavier, then aimed a thread of fire at Swifty. With his body set a blazed, she picked up the stuff she had for Xavier and handed it to him. "Here's some books, chips, and those awful eggs you like so much. Light knows how you eat those things little brother."

As she the flames die down of what was now just the ashes of her horse, she told Xavier about her visit to Tar Valon. "I went to the tower before coming here. The Amyrlin is sending a few Yellows and a few Greens out to help. They should be about a day behind me. Lets make your way to camp, and i'll feel you in on what you have missed since you been gone."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:20 am

Xavier let out a soft whoop, mostly because he hadn't seen a proper pickled egg, a decent chip, or a serviceable book in what seemed like months. "You are outstandingly awesome, little-big sis." He had already spun the lid on the eggs, and was happily munching on one, reaching for the chips, and scanning the books with a look of eager optimism about him. "Kin ya belief hoo dey gave da 'meerlan seet to?" Rolling his eyes at how he sounded, he chewed, swallowed, then continued. "What I meant to say....sorry, living amongst that Light-forsaken sausage-fest they have the gall to name a standing army has left me less than graceful socially. Anyway, can you believe the things that have been happening lately? And the Yellows and Greens would be a welcome change.....LIGHT, it'll be great to be around some women. I mean, weeks of dick-and-fart jokes, actual farts, laughter at said farts, and the occasional drunken overtrusting of those farts....which made me laugh, considering it happened to a guy who'd been boasting on how he could out-fart a damned Trolloc...you know what? I don't feel like sharing with those idiots. They shot at me! Since I hate the taste of human, I don't feel like going back, lest I find who sent that arrow at me and have to bite the offending fingers off.....it's great to see you, Maddie." He chuckled, knowing she could follow his rambling easily, and popped another egg into his mouth. "Mmmmmmm.......theesh are amashink!"
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:37 am

"Ewwwwww, light Xavier did you have to open that right now?." Maddie held her nose mockingly. She listened to him talk as they walked back to camp, sort of listening, sort of wondering how things were going back home with her Uncle.

She smiled brightly at her brother It's good to see you too, and thanks for your help back there. "Oh and do me a favor?, dont tell Dad I froze okay. I had a hard enough time convincing him to let me come alone."

"How long before we reach camp?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:26 am

He smirked, covering his mouth to shield her from a belch, and chuckled. "Froze up? Kid, we don't have to worry about getting even remotely cold this close to the Border........in other words, what Pops don't know won't hurt him. Anyway, if he had wanted in on the fun, he shoulda turned off the My Little Pony show for a bit and come along." At that, he cackled. "Dad.....the almighty werewolf Gawain bloody Cauthon, a Brony......oh, I am SO telling Uncle Dre."

As they continued to walk, he fixed her with a serious gaze. "Madeline, can I ask you something? Well.....two somethings. First, do you need Healing? I've actually gotten pretty good at it, what with Flyn training me a bit......the other thing, though. You don't have to answer, I'm just......curious-slash-worried-slash-being a big brother. What's up with you and Connor? I.....you don't have to answer..." He sighed, shrugging slightly. "Nah, it's none of my business, little sis. I just want you happy and safe. I'm not Dad, all bluster and 'I'll kill the male that even comes NEAR my baby girl with his pee-nis!'. " He glanced over at her, grinning madly, and started laughing again. "Well, unless you wanna Gate out of here, we're almost to the sausage-fest they call an army camp. Fun fun fun. Yay. I am so excited." Grumble.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:58 pm

She hadn't noticed till he said something but her right arm was hurting. Truth was it felt broken in about three different places. Swifty getting killed had thrown her off her game, and the bloody trollocs were able to gang up on her and beat the hell out of her, but she wasn't about to tell her brother that. "What ya mean big brother? Have you been knocked in the head that much you forgot who is the oldest, "

She tried to keep her arm held up to where her brother wouldn't notice. "Connor and I are fine. Umm Dad kind of caught us in the act. Long story. Anyway I do have something to tell you, Uncle Gareth is alive. "

She looked casually over to her brother and smiled as they continued there walk.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Xavier was many things, but he was no fool. His hands went to Maddie's head, and he performed a Delving. "Alright my arse. You hay-brained loobie! Hold on....." He gingerly took the hand attached to the injured arm, and, while offering her a pickled egg and a large piece of beef jerky for the loss of stamina, began her Healing. She would feel a chill, and a few cracks as the bones reset to their proper placement. "Eat....you'll need the strength."

Dad caught her in the act? Blood and ashes, it is a wonder Connor is still breathing! "So.....Dad caught ya. Connor should be thankful for two things. One, Dad didn't murder him....twice.....and two, your big bro didn't walk in on it. I do believe I would have gone blind!" A few blinks signified that the news of Gareth had registered. "Say what now? Uncle Gareth is alive?! How?! I mean, Dad has died more times than Buffy, but still.....HOW? Man oh man I need to get back! I never got to know my Uncle, and it would be great to do so! Please, regale me with the story. I have plenty of time, and I'm already one foot out of that thrice-accursed camp they call an army." He huffed a bit and shook his head. "Army. An army is defined as a fighting force, not a group of superstitious and scared-of-their-own-shadow idiots whose only offensive maneuver is filling their ill-fitting boots with piss."
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:14 am

"Ewww Xavier I dont want one of those........HEEEEEYYY!!!" Madeline sighed as her brother took her hand and began the healing. She had to admit he wasn't as rough as there father. With her free hand she reluctantly took the jerky, and bit into it.

"No Dad didn't kill Connor. Although for a few moments I thought he was gonna kill my butt. But interesting enough, it was inadvertently Uncle Gareth return..well upcoming return is what saved me." Madeline went on to explain the events of that night. She sighed happily. Even though he ha been gone for only a few weeks. She had missed her little brother.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:15 am

He sighed fondly, smiling that ever-crooked smile, and hugged his kid sister. "Listen, Madds.....I would really prefer to leave this place. I'm tired ....mentally and physically...and these witless pricks don't appreciate the fact that I've saved their arses so many times I should be getting paid. More, I mean. So......after I Gate in and pick up my things....could we go home? I want to see Uncle Gareth, Dad, and everyone else. Only thing left for me here is more fighting...and surprisingly enough, I'm sick of fighting for awhile." He gave her a questioning look, then spoke softly. "I am very, very homesick, Madeline."
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Maddie walked up to her much taller baby brother and ruffld his hair with a small smile. "Yeah, that sounds good kid."

Truth be told since Swifty had been taken from her, she needed her dad, and her Uncle. They were the only ones who really knew what exactly that horse meant to her.

"You need any help? Or do you want me to wait here, or go ahead and gate home?" Either way was fine with her.

Madeline chuckled, "Besides, need to make sure Dad and Uncle Garreth haven't drunk us out of sales." Maddy remembered sneaking down a few time and watching from a distance some of the drinking games Gawain and Garreth had.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:26 am

He sighed, looking back toward camp, and shook his head, allowing the band to slip from his hair. He wore the band because one, his hair grew quickly, and two, not one of these idiotic men were to be trusted with anything sharp NEAR your head. Unless you didn't want a head, that is. "No, Maddie, I want to go home. I feel old. I know, I'm younger than you in years, but I have seen way too much in these past months. I also...there are things I have to see to. The way I left things with Mother and Ryan...well, Dad taught me to be a better man. Well...man-shaped creature. After all, I better never hear anyone call me bloody human." He turned his head and spat, then looked back and smiled. "No offense, sis. You're Dad's kid too, anyway, so you aren't quite human either." With a wink, he chuckled and seized Saidin, forming a Gateway. "I can smell it, whether or not you ever shift. You've got the wolf in you, Mads. It's why you can keep up with me!" With a whoop, he fled/ran/bolted/dashed through the Gateway, hoping he didn't bleed too much when she broke his nose. And he let her with a grin.

Damn, it was gonna be good to be home.
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:21 am

Madeline listened to her brother and shook her head. "Yeah yeah Yeah, I'am rather proud of the fact I have Caiuthon runnin through my veins. "

Maddie shook her head and shoved past him stepping through the Gateway. "Heh more like keeping up with me Pup!!"

She took a wif the old familar smell of home. Itwas good to be home. Maddie headed to the stables to clean up Swifty's old stall then would head to the bar for a very stiff drink.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down