Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

Taking care of business

2 posters

Go down

Taking care of business Empty Taking care of business

Post by Devon Marvin Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Black dress shoes crunched against the small pebbles of debris upon the ground as he approached the door. Left hand extended to open the door, right hand checking that the ear piece in his ear is secure. "Yeah. Well I'm the boss and I said I was going to handle this one myself." He took a moment to look around for a desk. His left hand slid into the pocket of his pants, right hand unbuttoning the jacket of his navy colored pinstriped suit. "You can either deal with it, or you can find some place else to work. And trust me, lawyers with your resume' . . . Work is rather scarce."

Spotting the front desk, steps were taken towards it. He was in no hurry, so the steps were slow. When he reached the desk, he leaned against it, crossing his right leg over his left to let the toe of his right shoe rest upon the floor. He used his right elbow to prop himself up. As he continued his call, he examined the nails on his left hand. "I am quite sure that you an handle things while I am gone." The conversation was nearing it's end. "I am sure that things will go just fine. This place seems rather quiet." A quick look at the gold Rolex upon his left wrist. Not because he was in a hurry, but because this call was dragging on. "Look, I have to go. I have things under control. Good bye Jim." Even as the man on the other end of the call was continuing to talk, he pressed the button on the ear piece to end the call.

Nothing left to do but wait and see if anyone was even here.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Taking care of business Empty Re: Taking care of business

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 am

Madeline dressed in her usual black tank top and jeans came out of her office to see someone standing at the front desk. Brushing her long brown hair off her shoulders, she walked behind the desk. "Hello, welcome to Wolf's Head Inn. My name is Madeline, how can I help you."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:20 am

His left hand went to the waist of his pants. Index finger pressing a button upon his leather belt that was hidden by the belt loop of his pants. As he turned to face the devastatingly beautiful brunette behind the counter his phone rang. Right hand lifted the phone from the case that hung upon his belt. "Text message." His voice was a soft timber, a tenor, smooth as silk. And he raised the phone in front of his face. Flipping it open he hit the camera button. It made no sound.

Once he was facing her completely and she was in full frame, he pressed the button again. Still no sound was made from the phone. A few more buttons were pressed, giving off the illusion of typing a text message. There was no light or tiny window on the phone that would have indicated to the woman that her picture had just been taken. Picture was sent, and in less than two seconds, the reply came back. Across her picture the word negative was flashing. With a smile he snapped his phone closed and put it back in the case.

He smiled at her with a sparkle to his brown eyes. "I would like a room please. The best room available." He had things to do and didn't want to be crowded when he did them. His left hand moved from his waist and both hands came to rest upon the top of the counter casually. He wore no jewelry upon his hands. But he had a large gold Rolex upon his left wrist. He was cleanly shaven at the moment. And his suit screamed of freshly dry cleaned and pressed. His shoes had been polished, his teeth whitened. He looked like he was fresh out of an issue of GQ magazine.

Slowly he blinked as he waited to see what the woman had to offer.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:05 am

Madeline pulled out the ledger and smiled at the man with the little gadget. "We have penthouse suites on the third floor. The suites have huge and well-appointed, king-sized beds with canopies, double baths. and since we have just recently opened, you would have the whole floor to yourself. Plus all rooms have internet access. "

Madeline stopped there and let the nice man think it over.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Penthouse was the magic word. He was used to the best and chose to continue to have such, even if he was on the road. "I would like a Penthouse Suite, thank you . . . . Madeline was it?" He was sure that their Penthouse Suites were up to par. After all, there were laws in place, regulations to follow, ect.

He gave the fact that he would have the floor to himself further thought. "Perhaps something near the middle of the hall? Not too close to the first or the last room?" He preferred to have a choice in which direction to go for safety. And though he imagined that the hall would only have exits on one end, it would still be nice to have the added room to prepare a defense before being cornered.

His request having been made, it was time to move forward to the question of payment. "What is the cost, and what currency do you accept?" He had a few different currencies on his person. Even if it didn't look like it. And if needed, he could always get more. Hands moved from resting upon the counter to sliding into their proper pockets within his pants. This was more preparation to retrieve money than anything else.

It was just a question of how much money he needed now.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Madeline smiled sweetly at the gentlemen then looked at the ledger. Turning the book around so that the gentlemen could sign it.
"How about dead center, room three hundred five."

"As far as cost and currency goes, we accept all types, dollars, coins, silver, gold, etc. Prices go like this per night it's 5 gold, 10 silver, 100 dollar bills, earth money. We also accept help around the inn in exchange for your room. Payment is do at the end of your stay."

That being said, Madeline handed the gentlemen her pen. Taking the room key, and spinning it around her finger as she casually leaned back on the opposite counter. With a flirtatious grin on her face.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Grin so noted as he picked up the pen with his right hand. "I bet you give that look to all the cute guys, don't you?" The question, asked without him even raising his head from where he was signing, was rhetorical. When he set the pen down he looked back up at her, right hand turning the book back around for her to see.

His left hand slid back into the pocket of his pants while the right hand was left out to receive the key. "What time are meals served?" A man had to eat, right? His left hand slid from his pocket and he looked to his watch once again. His hand going back to his pocket right after. He would wait until Madeline answered about meals before he would speak again. Making sure to make a mental note of when the meals were served.

Once she had answered him, if she answered him, he would continue. "My bags should be arriving within the hour by way of a porter. Could you send them up to my room please?" Once everything was done, Madeline either telling him or not telling him when meals were served, her giving him the key for signing the book, and her either saying yes or no about sending up the porter with the bags, he would be ready to go to his room.

A second thought was given to that flirtatious grin. She would have to try a lot harder than that if she desired a reaction from him. He had faced down some of the sexiest and most seductive vampire vixens that this planet had to offer, and had lived to tell about it. But there was a certain appeal to Madeline. Perhaps it was the fact that she wasn't a blood sucker. Regardless, he turned on his heel and headed towards his room. Well, as soon as he had all that he needed from her anyway.

As he hit the steps, Madeline might notice a certain bounce to his step as he jogged up them towards his room. Room three hundred and five. If Madeline looked at the book, she would see his signature ... 'Devon Marvin Esq.' ... His cell phone number in case of an emergency, and a fifty dollar bill as a tip for her services. He had managed to sneak the fifty up there when he was signing. His hands had been in his pocket before they moved to get the pen and sign.

But now, up in his room, it was back to his phone calls.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:05 am

"Dinner is around 5:30-6, depending on when I feel like getting started in the kitchen. Tonights main course is rack of lamb so it'll be around
six."

Madeline handed Mr.Marvin his key as she saw his signature and the tip. "Thank you Mr. Marvin, I will make sure your bags are brought up myself."
Madeline watched with a certain smile as he jogged up the steps to his room.

When the porter arrived with the luggage, Madeline took hold of the One Power and opened a small gateway to Mr. Marvin's room. With just her hands, she pushed the luggage through the gateway where it would be right beside the dresser. "Here ya go Mr. Marvin, hope to see you at dinner." Without waiting for a reply she closed the gateway. Now that he had his stuff, and was all checked in, Madeline made her way to the kitchen to get started on dinner.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Devon was pacing back and forth in his room when she opened her ... Portal? Gateway? Which-ever, into his room and shoved his bags into his room. His reaction was to jump to the side and throw his hands up as he did. "Whoa, what the ... " Was all he could get out of his mouth before he heard Madeline speak.

She was gone before she could hear him speak. "Uh, yea, see you then Madeline." Then he just watched the space near his dresser, er well, the rooms dresser. He watched it for a space of moments before moving to his bags to start looking for something to wear to dinner.

Question was, did he really want to change clothes in this room?
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum