Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

Arrival

4 posters

Go down

Arrival Empty Arrival

Post by Gypzee MacCarthy Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:12 pm

She supposed she should have traveled here the conventional way; but these days that wasn't her way. It was far too time consuming not to mention generally uncomfortable. And what was the point in having such skills if one didn't use them??

She peered from the cloak of invisibility given to her long ago by a dear friend. No one was in the immediate vicinity and she had come to rest in a nicely shaded spot. Pulling the cloak from about her shoulders, she folded it neatly and tucked it into the black leather travel bag. Pausing at the edge of the shade, deep emerald eyes squinted slightly against the brightness to peer around until she found her intended destination. News had made its way back to her that another dear friend had taken up residence at this Wolf's Head Inn. So she simply had to come and see how he was.

A deep breath was drawn in and released slowly as a hand nonchalantly raised to smooth back strangely colored locks. It had always been a golden honey brown and he may even remember the shock of white strands that trailed through it. But these days it was joined by black with wisps of a deep red about her temples.

Making her way from the shadows, she covered the ground between her and the Inn and slipped inside. She paused long enough for her eyes to adjust to the room after the brightness of the outdoors now behind her. Shifting the travel bag from the right to left hand, she moved to the counter offering a "Hello?" to see if there was a clerk on duty.

Gypzee MacCarthy

Back to top Go down

Arrival Empty Re: Arrival

Post by Gawain Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Gawain was seated in the office, which opened up onto the front desk, with the door closed and the lights dimmed. Removing his wire-rimmed glasses for a moment to pinch the bridge of his nose, he let out a chuckle. All of the people who had made him who and what he was....how were they? He was remembering all of those friends from the many great days in the Society....Glenn, Cyrus, Gypzee, among many, many others....but especially Gypzee. Though they had not seen eye to eye on everything, he still held a special place in his heart for her. He had known how to be an animal, and she, along with a few other close friends, had taught him how to be a man. He sighed, leaning back in his chair. "I'd sure love to see the old gang, if only for a moment...we didn't know just how good we had it back then."

Almost as soon as he had spoken, to himself, as was his habit sometimes, something caught at his nose. His olfactory senses, unlike his bloody eyes, were as keen...maybe even moreso...than they had ever been. Where one would usually say they couldn't believe their eyes, Gawain couldn't believe his nose. "No bloody flaming way...."

The chair was upended, the desk was pushed askew, and Gawain hit the door at a run, slinging it open and stopping. He was right.....there she stood, looking the same as the last time he had seen her. Instantly, he grinned a toothy grin, looked up, and spoke in a loud voice. "I'd sure love to have one-hundred million gold crowns and perfect eyesight!" Then he was around the desk, where he would, without warning or permission, envelop her in a long-overdue hug that saw her spun around three times and plopped back onto her feet. "Gypzee! How in the name of the Light have you been?! I was just thinking about you, the old gang, the old days back in the Society...you know, in the manner us old farts do. What brings you by our humble little hole in the wall?"
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypzee MacCarthy Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:17 am

Emerald gaze danced 'round the lobby, fingertips trailing across the wood of the counter as she moved about. A crash from the door behind it brought her attention to it quickly. She barely had time to catch a familiar scent of wolf as a black fur ball raced toward her.

"An old fart indeed," said through her laughter that blended with his. A hand rested lightly at his shoulder to steady herself after having been spun about. "I came to see how things were with you, though it would seem not much has changed." Of course, that was meant in a good way.

Gypzee MacCarthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:57 pm

He grinned, motioning to the couch that occupied the welcoming area. "Let's have a seat. Things are fine....married, three kids, well....living kids, anyway....and one of them, Madeline, who you probably remember as the little bratty prankster back in the Society, is running the place for her old man. That's me. Yeah, came as a surprise to me as well that she was my biological child. She's great, though. Whipped this place back into shape and then some!"

"So, how have you been? I have missed you....light, I've missed the old gang every day since the Society closed. Maybe they'll all find their way here sooner or later. I mean, you're here, so that's a point in favor of that theory!"
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypzee MacCarthy Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:13 am

She listened as she made her way to the couch he had motioned to, taking a seat as always - one leg curled beneath her, the other lifting to sit cross legged. A slight tilt of her head was made, something niggling at the back of her mind when Madeline was mentioned.

"Well, that's quite an accomplishment for the old Fur Ball I remember," soft chuckle accompanying her words. "I've many fond memories of the Society but fear there will never be another like her. As for others finding their way here ... not if they catch wind that I've arrived. I've no illusions about my 'popularity' among the masses." Not that it bothered her, mind you. Over the years she had learned to adjust to much worse than someone's opinion of her.

Gypzee MacCarthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:50 am

Madeline had just got back from seeing her brother Xavier at her sisters establishment. After putting Swifty in the stables and giving himm food and water, she made her way back inside the inn through the side door. When she entered, she saw her Dad sitting on the couch, but had not seen Lady MacCarthy standing there. "Dad, I'm home, guess what? Xavier is back, and he has a cool....."

It was then she saw a familiar face from her youth. "Lady MacCarthy? Well isn't this a nice surprise. How lovely to see you again, and after so long." Madeline made her way to where they were sitting. Taking the ottoman of a near by chair, she scooted it closer and sat down with her legs crossed Indian style. Resting her elbows on her knees, and her head in her hands.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypzee MacCarthy Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:56 am

A voice from over her shoulder caused her to turn her head. Brows lifted slightly as she spied the young woman, gaze following her to where she sat. Had it been that long since the brash young child had run all over the Society?

"Maddy ... ?" She may not like the nickname and smoothly shifted gears. "Aye, Madeline it's been a while. No doubt you look more like your Mum since you've turned from a precocious child to a lovely young woman. Are you sure you're kin to this old fur ball sitting here?" She flashed a smile toward them both, eyes twinkling as she gave Gawain a slight poke on the arm.

Gypzee MacCarthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Having grown rather bored, Xavier had decided to pay his sister a visit at her new place. It looked nice, and he was happy for her...Dad had given his tavern to her, and from the looks of things, she had turned the sow's proverbial ear into a silk purse. Long strides carried him up the steps, through the door, and in her direction. Yes, he knew where she was....the nose knows.

Upon entering the room they were currently occupying, Xavier smiled warmly, stepping forward to scoop up Maddie and give her a fierce hug. "Hey, little big sis! And hello to you as well, Dad." His sea-green eyes fell on the other in the room, quickly adding a courtly bow and toothy smile at the end. "My apologies, m'lady. I am Xavier Cauthon, son to Gawain and Airtia. This brat's brother, too." He continued to grin, sending flows of Air to muss Maddie's hair playfully. "You've done an amazing job with the old place, Maddie."
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:14 am

Madeline looked at Lady MacCarthy with a cheerful smile. "Please call me Maddy. I look my mom? Really? Perhaps you can tell me who she is since Dad doesn't seem to know." As soon as she said it, she did her dead level best to avoid the look her father was probably giving her. Knowing how much of a skirt chaser he was back then.

Maddy liked to have jumped out of her seat when she heard her brothers voice. She giggled as he picked her up and gave her a hug.feeling the air in her hair made her smile. Giving him a teasing grin. "Glad you stopped bye. Titania let you off your leash long enough to pay your family a visit?"

Looking back to Lady MacCarthy she introduced her brother. "Lady MacCarthy this is my big little brother Xavier. Xavier, meet Lady Gypzee MacCarthy. She ran the Society of the Blood Rose. and if I'm not mistaken, was married to Dad at one time."

Madeline decided then it would be best to quit talking while she was ahead before her dad decided to do something.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Xavier looked a little shaken, then rallied admirably, smiling and offering a bow, one hand outstretched to take hers. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Gypzee. I have heard of you....there are quite a number of folk who speak your name as if retelling a legend. You know, in times of old, when knights were bold, and women...er, never mind."

Chuckling, he winked to Maddie, then turned to Gawain. "Dad....your reputation seems spot-on. Ya big man-whore, you." Of course he was teasing the old man...what was a son for? Back to Maddie...."Er, that particular leash is no more. You know me, I don't like collars. They chafe."
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:24 pm

"Xavier....eighteen and still a brat. No wonder your twin sister wants to skin you alive so often." He made a play of mussing the pup's hair, changing the motion into a short jab to his ribs. Quietly, so that he knew Xavier would probably be the only one to hear it, he spoke. "Don't call me that, especially not when we have guests, kid."

He listened to the playful banter between his kids and chuckled, looking to Gypzee. "Kids. What can you do? Anyway....you gonna be staying with us, or are you just passing through? The rooms are well-appointed, and I'm sure Madeline would put you up in one of the penthouse suites. Still, even if you choose to depart, make sure you join us for dinner. This scrawny kid can cook like you wouldn't believe....and coming from me, that's saying a lot. I've always said never trust a skinny cook, after all." He grinned in Maddie's direction, waiting for her to get another jab in.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypzee MacCarthy Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:06 am

"Time does seem to fly by," shaking her head slightly. Of course it does when you're wrapped up in a world that most would have the good sense to avoid - IF they even knew it existed. But someone had started her down that path some years ago and she couldn't seem to avoid it completely. She would not comment on Xavier's remark even as she took his offered hand, nor let on that she heard Gawain's reply. He reminded her a great deal of Gawain in his former days. Neither would she say anything further regarding their Mom, but she made note to speak with Gawain about that later.

"I think I'll stay for a while. Dinner sounds wonderful, skinny cook or not!" She laughed along with them. How long had it been since she'd enjoyed herself so much?

Gypzee MacCarthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm

He nodded, chuckling softly. "I think they're trying to get their inheritance early. Well, the jokes on them, I spent it on this place and some rare mint-condition Pez dispensers." He winked at Gypzee to show he was joking, but gave the other two a stern look. "That means you're on your own, with me dead...er, well, again....or not."

After a moment, he would nod in Xavier's direction, smiling slightly. "That kid could charm the pants off a pit viper. I was never like that. I was always a gentleman, and I never was a flirt, either." He made a big show of staring at the ceiling for a moment, then gave an overtly dramatic sigh, as if he were relieved. "Good. It'd be a shame for the roof to cave in, what with the fact that I just had it redone...."

The he would grin, giving Maddie a pleasant nod. "Good! Always room for one more, especially you. Maddie, make sure you set a place for Gypzee, please? We all have a lot to catch up on."
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Madeline rolled her eyes and gave her father a smirk. "Yeah, if I was going after the family fortune, I wouldn't of went through the trouble of letting some hell demon kick my ass trying to protect your fuzzy tail."

Turning to Lady MacCarthy. "We would love having you for dinner. I think Dad may have even learned some table manners since then, so it'll give him a chance to show off."

Madeline stood up crossing her arms, she gave her brother a teasing grin. "You're of course welcome to stay if you'd like. Granted, it may not be what your accustomed to with the five star treatment the Aiel gave you mind you."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:11 am

Xavier leaned slightly, listening to the conversation while appearing not to..mostly out of habit. He had learned over the past few weeks that listening quietly had its merits. However, when Madeline piped up about the demon, he let out a deep chuckle. "Yeah, and as I recall, you, the old men, and Kyra had all the fun. What, I don't rate on the butt-kicking scale? And a demon to boot...I bet it was tougher than a Fist of Trollocs led by a Fade! Light...are you sure he's dead? I'd like to take a crack at him..." His eyes had gained the far-away quality of one who had been in many battles and was imagining yet another. Was he quivering? Yes...the prospect of a good throw-down excited him. Nature of the beast.

He was, as it turned out, still chuckling a little and lost in a battle scenario when Maddie spoke of five-star treatment and Aiel. He choked on a chuckle, then let loose a deep laugh. "Have you ever been to the Waste, Maddie? Five-star treatment there means a Wise One asks if you killed it, then shows you where to clean it to be cooked. By you." Another laugh. "Don't forget that for us guys, the constant prodding of the Maidens teasing about teaching us to sing while we're bathing or changing clothes...."

"Wait. What were we talking about again? Dinner? YespleaseIthinkI'llgowashupexcusemeplease." Zoom!
Xavier
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypzee MacCarthy Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:30 am

"Well," she stood and stretched slightly, "if you'll show me to a room and let me know what time to be ready for dinner, I'll freshen up a bit." She tousled Gawain's hair and laughed. "I am looking forward to seeing if your table manners have improved."

Gypzee MacCarthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:03 am

Madeline got up and made the brief walk to the desk, grabbing two keys off the board, she walked back to where her Dad, Brother, and Lady McCarthy were sitting. Tossing one of the key rings to her brother. "Fourth floor, room 402." She would answer his question about the Waste at another time.

Then she smiled at Lady McCarthy, and graciously handed her a key."You'll be in room 301 on the third floor. Finest room in the whole place. Dinner is at six in the tavern."

Madeline looked at her watch and side. "Speaking of which, if you guys will excuse me, I must get started. "

Madeline gave a small nod at her loved ones and made her way to the kitchen.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum