Wolf Head Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 am
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

Making it to dinner

+2
Madeline Cauthon
Devon Marvin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Making it to dinner Empty Making it to dinner

Post by Devon Marvin Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:55 pm

The pin striped suit was shed shortly after Madeline had pushed the luggage through a gateway into Devon's room. As he removed his clothes, he was watching everything around him. Quick jerking motions ensured that he could see the whole room as he changed. He moved to take a quick shower, which was made quicker by the fact that he was nervous about possibly being intruded upon.

Once he was out of the shower he quickly dried off. He dawned a pair of blue boxer shorts. Which gave him some sense of relaxation because at least now he was covered. Well, somewhat covered. He pulled on a skin tight black T-shirt that was completely devoid of any decoration or even fading from wash. It looked brand new, though it was simply well cared for. He slid a pair of black pleated slacks on and tucked his shirt into the waist of them. Black leather belt was slid into place and buckled with a gold buckle. Yes gold, not golden or gold toned. It had been custom made, though plain looking and in no way ornate. It had it's specific functions. Black socks slid onto his feet before they slipped into a pair of black loafers.

Deodorant and a light splash of Cool Water cologne ensured that he wouldn't stink, even if he had just showered. Teeth had been brushed in shower, after all, he didn't exactly have hair to wash. Cell phone was clipped to the belt in it's case. Bluetooth headset placed in his right ear. Wallet and keys dropped into pockets. He was ready to go down to dinner.

He left his room, locking it behind him. Though he figured that it would do him little good to lock the door around here. After all, his luggage had not even come through the door. Which also meant that he would now have to call for a messenger to deal with some papers rather than have the porter come back for them. Small imposition in the greater scheme of things.

Once he was back down stairs, he looked around. He thought he could smell food, but his human nose had been wrong before. So he took the risk and moved towards the tavern. He thought that if this wasn't the place to get dinner, at least he could get a drink and possibly told where he could go to get dinner. So through the door he moved. He walked to the bar and took a seat upon a stool. Then he waited to see if he was in the right place.

The food really did smell good, wherever it was coming from.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Making it to dinner Empty Re: Making it to dinner

Post by Madeline Cauthon Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Madeline had just put the homemade yeast roles in the oven and washed her hands. Everything was almost done. Tonights dinner consisted of Rack of lamb, chef salad, fresh green beans, and homemade yeast roles. Seeing how she had a few minutes before dinner was doe, Maddie decided to grab a beer and take a small break. She was pleasantly surprised seeing Mr. Marvin sitting on a stool.

She offered a friendly smile while grabbing a cold beer from the fridge below "Good evening Mr. Marvin, can I get you something to drink? Dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes." Madeline popped the top of the beer and took a sip while she waited for a response.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:43 am

A sincere smile was offered to Madeline when she greeted him. "Good evening to you as well Madeline. Dinner smells good. I'll have a beer if you don't mind? Miller Genuine Draft in a long neck bottle if you have it. If not, I'll just take whatever." He wasn't too picky, even though he did have a favorite beer.

Devon adjusted himself on the bar stool so that he could better face Madeline. He rested his weight against his lower arms as he folded his hands in front of him on the bar. "Will you be joining me?" He looked around and arched an eyebrow. "Will anyone be joining me? This place seems even more quiet than I thought it would be when I saw it." Not that he minded quiet.

But there were other guests, weren't there?
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:42 am

Madeline set her beer on the bar, and opened the small fridge. Pulling the beer Devon had requested out, she popped the top and set it in front of him. Picking hers back up she took another sip. Crossing her arms as she leaned back against the opposite counter. "Yes they're a few more people staying here along with my father and all are welcome."

Taking another sip of her beer she smiled warmly. "So Mr. Marvin, what brings you to our neck of the woods."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Rowan had come into the Inn after a visit with her mother, out of town. Walking in the door, the aroma of a home cooked meal wafted up from the tavern. She didn't realize until that moment how hungry she was, so she followed the scent.

Walking into the tavern, she spotted Madeline talking with a gentleman she didn't know. Not wanting to interupt them, she walked to a table by the window and sat down to relax.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:59 am

Madeline spotted Rowan walking into the tavern and taking a seat. Madeline gave her a nod and a smile. "Ms. Rowan you are more than welcome to join us at the bar. Perhaps I can get you something to drink. Dinner is almost ready if you'd like to stay and eat."
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Rowan looked over at Madeline and smiled. "Thank you, I will. Dinner smells wonderful." Rowan got up from her chair and walked to the bar, taking a seat on one of the stools. "Could I get a glass of whiskey on the rocks, please?"
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:35 am

Devon nodded to Madeline as he sipped his beer. The nod was in response to her saying that there were a few others staying within the Inn. She had also added that her father was here and all were welcome. That though made him smile as the beer bottle was removed from his lips and the cold liquid was swallowed down. He would have to keep this place in mind if he ever had to bring others with him.

He tipped the beer bottle in her direction with a smile. "Thank you, it's good and cold." Always as polite as possible until he had to be otherwise. Which was why he would do his best to answer her question honestly. "Just some business matters that I felt needed my personal attention. Sometimes, if you want something done right, it's best to do it yourself." A statement he truly believed.

It was then that another lady entered the bar. He turned to look in her direction when he heard the movement of her entering. He smiled an nodded, though he suspected that she didn't see him. He turned back to facing Madeline and his beer returned to his lips. Madeline spoke to the woman, whom she addressed as Ms. Rowan, and invited her to join them.

Ms Rowan seemed to be happy to join them, which was perfectly fine with Devon. He even turned to smile at her again as she did so. And as he turned, his elbow hit the button that was hidden on his belt by the belt loop of his pants. This, of course, made his phone ring again. "Excuse me please ladies, it seems that even during the dinner hour I am to have no break from duty." He pulled his phone from his pocket and rose from his seat.

He moved back from the bar, leaving his beer upon the top, and flipped open his phone. He took a few steps as he looked at the now open flip phone. He was trying to give off the appearance of looking for a better signal. He pressed a few buttons silently and was soon looking at Ms. Rowan on the screen. He pressed the button to take her picture, and just as before, there had been no shutter sound and nothing on the face of the phone that could give away the fact that the camera had been used.

He sent the picture and within a few seconds the message came back. The word negative flashed across the picture of Ms. Rowan. Devon cleared his screen and returned to his seat, sliding his phone back in his pocket as he did so.

Once he was sitting down again he addressed the ladies in his presence. "I am so sorry for that. I did not mean to be rude, but sometimes, business doesn't want to wait." He offered his right hand to Ms. Rowan. "Hello, I'm Devon, pleasure to make your acquaintance." He showed her his most charming smile. After all, he was being polite.

So far, he had no reason to be rude.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:10 am

Madeline fixed Miss Rowan her whiskey on the rocks while listening to Mr. Marvin. "Yes if ya want something done right..well you know.

Placing the glass in front of Miss Rowan she smiled. "How are you doing Ms. Rowan, enjoying your stay?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Gawain had decided to spend the evening in his office, but his stomach had other ideas. He smelled dinner cooking...Madeline, of course, had prepared the meal, she was fond of garlic and other spices...and he suddenly found himself travelling to the dining room. "Huh. Well, the old place needed some sprucing up and a good cook to get business...smells great, Maddie."

With a polite nod to the man, and a smile to Rowan, Gawain took a seat at another table close by. "I hope you cooked for an army....my stomach seems to think I have been neglecting it."

Another cursory glance around himself followed, and he leaned back, smiling. "If you don't mind, Madeline, when you get a moment, I'd like a few beers. Nothing too harsh, maybe...I dunno...bring out a six-pack and we'll go from there." He wasn't a lush, but he did once in awhile indulge himself. Of course, his metabolism being what it was, he had to really work at it to get even slightly tipsy on what most humans called beer. Miller Genuine Draft was his personal favorite of those, but he wouldn't turn down Krow's brew either...where -was- Dre, anyway?
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:55 am

Nodding to Madeline as she took her drink, Rowan smiled. "I am doing well. The Inn is lovely." Taking a small sip she watched as the gentleman at the bar stepped away to take a phone call. She watched him for a moment before turning back to the bar. Interesting man.... When he returned to his seat he held out his hand in introduction. Rowan smiled and shook his hand "Pleasure to meet you also. I am Rowan. Have you been in town long?"
She then noticed Gawain enter and smiled at him as he headed to a table.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:41 am

Devon smiled at the hand shake. It was firm, yet not painful, and was held for a couple of shakes. He was quick, but not overly zealous, when it came to answering her question. "I just arrived today. I've had time to check in, receive my bags . . ." A glance to Madeline from the corner of his eye on that remark. Attention then returned to Rowan, as she had introduced herself to be. " . . . Shower and come down to dinner. How about you?" His gaze leaving her for a moment to notice the male who had entered the room.

He smiled when he heard the man ask for a six pack of beer. His own beer being raised by his hand and being tipped towards the man. It was one of those 'guy things' that men sometimes did as a form of a greeting. But then his attention was back on Rowan as he was awaiting an answer to his question.

It would be rude to interrupt the conversation with a text.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:29 am

"Glad to here it Miss Rowan." Madeline gave Marvin an innocent look when he commented on his bags being checked in.

Upon hearing her father come in, she had already reached down and grabbed a six pack of MGD from the fridge that was still in the packaging. So when he mentioned wanting it, she merely set it on the bar. "Here ya go Daddy. Thanks, we're having rack of lamb for dinner. Should be ready in a few. Hows your day going Dad?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:17 pm

As Rowan listened to Devon, she noticed the look between Madeline and him. It was subtle, but noticeable. She smiled as he answered her question. "I've been here a few weeks or so. Just happened into town on suggestion from someone." She leaned against the bar sipping her drink and watching the others in the room.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Cracking the lid from the first one, Gawain smiled and nodded. "Good and cold...that's my girl." He took a long pull from the bottle then, after which he would return the man's gesture with another smile. "Rack of lamb, eh? Trying to fatten the old man up so he can't hunt for himself, are ya?"

The first beer was drained, and Gawain popped the cap on the second. "So, Rowan. Good to see you again....glad you decided to stop in. Your room's on me for the duration." His eyes wandered over to the man at that point. "Glad to see you as well, even if it is the first time I've laid eyes on you. Maddie? Run a tab, put their dinners on it, and let me know what ya come up with." He nodded to each of them in turn, still wearing a smile. "My treat, folks. Enjoy....my Maddie is a helluva cook. How else does a werewolf develop love-handles?" He chuckled as he popped the top on his third beer, wondering where in the nine hells Dre was. It wasn't like him to miss out on free eats and cold beer.
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Rowan was taken aback slightly at Gawain's words, but smiled. "That is very kind of you, thank you." She took another sip and glanced around, thinking of something. "So Gawain, have you seen Dre lately? I was hoping to talk to him." She needed to know if the family connection existed or just let it go. She shrugged slightly and went back to her drink.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Kyra found her way back to the place she was sure she could find her best friend and Uncle and who knew who else she might find while she is there. She had been many places lately and wasn't quite sure where she would stop traveling or if she would. Having at least made a stop to clean up and change clothes along the way she stepped into the inn and smelled something good coming from some where.

Taking a wild leap of faith that it was coming from the direction of the kitchen she let her nose follow the smell and found some what she was looking for. Seeing Madeline and Gawain she smiled and waved before taking a seat at the bar. Her belly began to growl a little as she sat there silently as they seemed a bit busy. She saw another man and woman and only vaguely recognized the woman from some where but didn't comment just let it sit in the back of her mind for a bit.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:20 am

Devon nodded to Rowan. He had his ever present smile upon his lips. "Well, here's hoping they were right." He tipped his beer in her direction as if to toast her friend.

His attention was diverted to the other male in the room. He smiled at him, though the smile was slightly different. It was still a genuine smile. But it lacked some of the charm that was reserved for the ladies. He was slightly shocked by what the man had to say. "Well, the feeling is mutual sir. Names Devon. And thank you very much for picking up the dinner tab tonight. That's very kind of you." He polished off his first beer. It was a good think it wasn't a contest. Devon wouldn't be able to keep up.

The next thing said was something that Devon would have to file away. The man said he was a werewolf. He knew his target wasn't a werewolf, but it was good information to have anyway. But the crack about love handles simply could not be ignored either.

Devon ran his now empty hands over his stomach and sides. The black shirt was tight enough to show that he spent more time apparently in the gym than lounging around. "Uh oh, should I be worried?" The wise crack was followed by a chuckle.

He turned to look back at Madeline. With the charm back in his smile he spoke to her in a slightly sweetened tone. "May I get another beer please, Madeline?" He held the empty bottle up off the bar top to signify that it was empty.

As Rowan was speaking to the man she called Gawain, another woman entered the bar area. This place seemed to be a HUB. Something Devon didn't mind as much as some of his counterparts back at the office. He knew how to work unnoticed and undetected. You didn't survive in the business as long as he had if you didn't.

He turned to her when she sat down at the bar. He offered her a smile and a nod to acknowledge her. She was sitting silently, but Devon was a little more outgoing that one would think. He thought he heard her stomach growl, though he wasn't completely sure. After all, human hearing was only so good. So he made a comment to break the ice. "Sounds like your stomach might be eagerly anticipating dinner miss. Not that I could blame it, after all, the smell alone is amazing. I myself can't wait to try it." He smiled at her again.

He rubbed his stomach slightly to give off the appearance that he himself was getting a little hungry. And as he did so, he bumped the button on his belt that was hidden by the belt loop on the pants. That made his phone ring again. "I am so sorry, I thought I told them that I did not want to be disturbed anymore tonight. It would be nice to get some peace, at least at dinner time." He pulled out his phone and flipped it open.

He rose up from his seat at the bar and gave a slight nod of a bow. "Forgive me, but I need to deal with this text." He moved away from the bar and the others within the room. He was moving his phone around so that he had it pointed in all kinds of directions. His buttons were still on silent, so when he pressed the camera button, it could have been any button being pushed.

The face of his phone had no little screen or little light upon it, so no one would know for sure if the camera was on or off. And with the sounds silenced on the phone, there was no way of knowing if a picture was taken or not. "I need to get in touch with my service provider. Tell them that they need to strengthen the signal in this area." He chuckled as he silently snapped a picture of Gawain and sent it.

Then, still looking like he was searching for a good signal, he snapped a picture of the female who had entered. That one was sent as well. Though, he wasn't sure how good of a picture it was as she was at the bar, and he had moved away from it.

Her picture came back first. It had the same message came back as the previous two women. It said negative in big bold red letters across the picture. Which made him wonder why the picture of the male had not come back yet. Though he didn't have to wonder long. It came back with the words 'Risk - Minimal' across it. And there was a message attached. So he scrolled down and read the message. It simply said that the file was incomplete and that there were gaps. It also said that the file would be waiting for him in his email.

Satisfied with the responses he had received, he closed his phone up and slid it back where it belonged. He returned to the bar. "I am so sorry that I am being so rude. They feel that business should wait for nothing. Please, forgive me?" That being addressed to all present. After all, it was rude to get text messages when you're socializing and about to have dinner.

At least he thought to apologize for his actions.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:12 am

Madeline smiled at Kyra as she entered the tavern. "Hey Kyra, staying for dinner?"

Without missing a beat, she pulled another six pack out of the fridge and sat it before her father.

"Anyone else need anything before I go and fix Dinner plates?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawain Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:46 pm

While he was unaware of what the young man was getting in the way of messages, Gawain could have, more than likely, filled in any gaps there were in a file concerning his life. Sure, he would fill them in with either a boot or a 'none of your damn business, human', but filled in they would be!

Gawain smiled to Maddie as she set the next six-er out for him. The kid knew him better than most, so it made sense that she would do so. He did so hate to be dry...his eyes went from Maddie to Kyra, who recieved a toothy smile (some would say his smiles were too toothy) as well as a wave. Then, his attention went to Rowan.

"I was just wondering the same thing, Rowan. It isn't like him to miss free drinks and eats. Huh....maybe he brewed a batch that was too potent even for him!" That drew a loud laugh from Gawain. "Yeah....like that's gonna happen. A Dracon, let alone the son of Krow, not being able to hold his drink. You'd sooner find a dwarf that couldn't quaff ale!" His brow knitted, and he felt the need to explain. "In the matter of quaffing....quaffing is a lot like drinking, except that not as much of what you're quaffing gets in your mouth. Having sampled dwarf ale, I think that's a survival instinct."
Gawain
Gawain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Fair Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:14 am

Rowan watched another woman walk into the bar, thinking there was something familiar about her, but didn't think they had met. Obviously, she was known to both Maddie and Gawain.

Rowan listened to Gawain's response to her question and laughed. She raised her glass to him, "Must run in the family....." smiled and took another drink.
Rowan Fair
Rowan Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:56 am

Madeline had in fact seen Devon's empty bottle, and sat him a fresh one out that she had pulled from the very back of the the fridge under the bar. "Sorry about that Mr. Marvin."

It was then she caught some of Rowan's and her Dad's conversation. Giving her father a mockingly stern look. One that was fairly to one that she had received from him on more than one occasion. "Dre? Drunk? Okay but if you two get slobbered knockered and ruin the hard work I've gone through to get the blood stains off the wall, I'll find a way to Balefire both of ya."

Madeline fixed Kyra one of her infamous screwdrivers, and fixed herself a small one. Placing Kyra's in front of her she gave her a wink. "Besides, it's the next generations turn. Right Kyra?"
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden Jewel Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:30 pm

Kyra perked up a bit as there was mention of dinner and then Gawain was speaking of her father. She gave the man a smile as he had mentioned her belly and then got called away so to speak. Looking to Madeline simply nodded until there was a screwdriver set before her.

"Ohhhh my favorite and yes I think I will stick around for dinner, if you don't mind. Starving."

Looking back to Gawain and the woman he was speaking to she spoke up.

"I don't think you will be seeing dad around anytime soon. Think mom and Lydia have him busy these days. So it seems you are stuck with his brat for a while."

She grinned and took a drink of her screwdriver and grinned to Madeline knowing they could get into a load of trouble with these things.
Hidden Jewel
Hidden Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Marvin Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:14 am

Devon was sitting there listening to the conversations, but not really paying enough attention to be considered being nosy. After all, he was there to do a job. The name Dre kept coming up in the conversation. But the name didn't sound familiar to him. And with nothing more than Dre to go by, there was no point in trying to text the name to his partners.

The joke about the dwarf quaffing his ale was chuckled at, even before the explanation. But an explanation followed, which brought fourth another chuckle. "I wouldn't doubt it." Was added in response to the survival instinct aspect of the explanation. Devon, too, had experienced the 'wonders' of dwarf ale. His response at that time had been 'wonders, yes, one wonders if they can even swallow any of this stuff down'. A sentiment that he would have added to the conversation, except that no one was choosing to dwell on that aspect of the subject at hand. Which was fine with Devon.

He saw Madeline set a new beer out for him out of the corner of his eye. He turned and smiled at her. "Thank you Madeline." His smile was as genuine as it had been the entire time. He was actually enjoying just sitting around having a beer and there being 'normal' people around. Not people like the idiots he worked with. They were not 'have a beer with' kind of people. Devon even gave passing thought to his possibly being the least 'normal' person in the room. Of course, to the naked eye, he was just a 'normal man' having a beer before dinner. But given this was Rhy'Din, the apparent werewolf who seemed to own the place was even 'normal'. Which said a lot for Devon.

So he opened his beer and took a long pull off of it. It was even colder than the last one. No thought was given to the fact that it could have been a test of his humanity. He didn't think these people would care either way. After all, he was no danger to them. He was just a guest who needed a room. And he was truly enjoying himself, for the first time since he couldn't recall when.

And all of this made Devon smile with a bit of relaxation.
Devon Marvin
Devon Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:40 am

Hearing Devon's thank you she nodded sweetly as to say your welcome. Finishing her beer with oner last long chug, Maddie threw the beer in the trash can, and turned to head back into the kitchen. "I'll be right back with everyones plates. Dad, if you would, tell Miss McCarthy dinner is ready." There wasn't no need to tell her brother, either the smell of the food, or his uber hearing would be able hear her say she was fixing plates.

Once back in the kitchen, Madeline fixed up eight gorgeous plates of Rack of lamb, chef salad, fresh green beans, and homemade yeast roles. Carrying out four plates, two on each arm, she placed them in front of her Dad, Kyra, Row and Devon. She then gave everyone fresh drinks. "You all are welcome to sit at the bar, or grab a table." All the tables were set with silverware wrapped in hand woven napkins, and condiments on each table.

Madeline headed back inside and would wait for her brother and Lady McCarthy to come down before setting their plates out.
Madeline Cauthon
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum